Closed Poll: 2006 Vs. 2007

im gonna hold off on this tell i finish re reading the story

I realized today that Hydraxon is the Ben Riley of Bionicle :stuck_out_tongue:

I preferred the setting and story of '06, but the sets of '07 were better overall.

I have all the 2007 sets. Most be disassembled. Good pieces for MOCing.

1 Like

I like the 2006 just because of personal preference. And the titans.

I personally prefer 07. 06 wasnā€™t bad for the most part, but it felt like it was trying too hard in some areas, and just came off as cheesy grimdark. 07, as I remember it anyway, let the tension and darkness stem naturally from the circumstances, and was generally very dignified and tragic. I also think 07 was better set-wise, given the death of clone sets and all the titans that came out.

3 Likes

It seems that most of the TTV community on the boards side with @Eljay , rather than the majority of the cast.

8 Likes

I actually saw this poll before I saw the podcast

3 Likes

Iā€™m about three episodes behind. :frowning:

1 Like

Time for you to catch up! :smile:

4 Likes

Hopefully @IllustriousVar doesnā€™t fire us all. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3 Likes

2007 is the stuff man

1 Like

I prefer '07, had better sets IMO.
Not to mention the underwater theme was a very nice change from the last couple years of either ā€œbig cityā€ or ā€œforesty islandā€. I just kinda like underwater, I guess.

Also, Iā€™m like the one guy who actually likes the cordak blasters. They work fine for meā€¦

even though squid launchers are the worst thing since Galidor

10 Likes

'07. Good music (Creeping in my Soul. I am special.), First set I got came from 07 (I am a late bloomer. REALLY late.), andā€¦ Thatā€™s it. 07 for wins!

1 Like

I absolutely 12/10 a-ok thatā€™s gr8 m8 agree with this.

He wonā€™t just fire us as fans ā€“ heā€™ll butcher us.

ā€¦then heā€™ll perform an autopsy.

6 Likes

I prefer '07 mainly because it was the first year in which the canister sets werenā€™t all clones of one another. Get one Toa Inika and one Piraka, and you pretty much have them all as far as build is concerned. Even the parts-pack Voyatoran had more variety in their builds than the big boys in '06. In 2007, by contrast, all the Barraki had different builds, and apart from Kalmah and Carapar, those builds were very unique and interesting. The Toa Mahri also used a variety of different builds, and even though that meant the gap between the best and worst Toa Mahri set was much larger than that between the best and worst of any previous toa team, I still think the variety was a good thing.

1 Like

I chose 2007 because the sea feeling looked awesome,

1 Like

06 is bae.
at first I actually voted for 06
but then I realisedā€¦
07 is awesome
then I realised
06 was my childhood

Indecisive be the carrot8o
I LIKE BOTH EQUALLY
BUT I CAN ONLY VOTE ONE