Codename: Kids Next Door

So everyone who grew up with this show has is laser-etched into their minds, likely. Whether you liked the story, came for the gadgets, or stayed for the humor, most people would agree that this was a terrific show.
So, let’s talk about it.

(Post scriptum, yo: And now it might be getting a reboot. Here’s a link to the animatic trailers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_2aDok_CcQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPni6B2d9QM
And here’s a link to a petition people are signing to make this a thing:
Petition · Greenlight Galactic: Kids Next Door series · Change.org )

8 Likes

I loved this show when I was a kid, it had such a unique and fun concept. My favorite episode was possibly Operation: Zero.

3 Likes

All I remember is a episode where they where mining chicken nuggets…

6 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s getting a reboot or something, @MaximumWarp?

2 Likes

Yeah It is.

2 Likes

Yeah KND was the greatest, loved it so much, still do

wot

3 Likes

362 was always one of my favorite characters for whatever reason, little as she appeared until much later on.

2 Likes

Her weapon was cool, too.

2 Likes

Numbuh One was obviously an alternate universe Caillou.

6 Likes

Ah memories…

Who remembers Heinrich?

2 Likes

I remember the awkward twist where it turns out he’s actually a girl turned into a boy. Which was like, ahead of its time. .-.

5 Likes

I loved this show. I remember in 5th Grade, every day I’d come home and watch this.

2 Likes

The Toiletnator best villain EVAR!

5 Likes

It sounds familiar, but I can’t say I’ve heard of it with certainty.

1 Like

I’m going to get so mad if nothing is done with that animatic trailer. Why on earth would you get the old voice actors to voice act something if you’re going to do nothing with it besides tease the fans? It’ a waste of time and money.

2 Likes

Well, they aren’t really teasing fans, more like they’re saying “We want this to be a thing, so help us out if you do too”.

3 Likes

Son of a gun. Either way, I can’t watch it because I don’t have Cartoon network.

This was one of my favorite shows when I was younger. I recently re-watched a few of the episodes, and I picked up on a few jokes that I had not seen back when I was younger. For example, in the finale on the toilet-themed ride, a sign at the end of the ride reads “Welcome to New Jersey”. Being an inhabitant of New Jersey, I still think that’s hilarious.
It’s also made apparent that the creator of the show is a huge Star Trek fan. Just look at Numbuh 1: bald w/ red ■■■■■, and compare him to Captain Picard: bald w/ red ■■■■■. There are some other references to Star Trek, but I can’t remember them at the moment.
The series finale, to start, was superb. Without spoiling anything, I still think it is one of the best television series finales that television itself has ever broadcast.
On the topic of GKND, I really want it to be a thing!

3 Likes

that show was sweet! but wasn’t the ending a huge cliffhanger? correct me if im wrong, but didn’t #1 fight some older kid as a huge epic battle went on in the background and it just… stopped?

1 Like

Tehn Numbah 1 went to space and in the last episode/special(or at the end) Numbah 1 comes back after father leaves for space

1 Like