Codename M.A.R.N

Introducing Ulgania’s proudest soldiers
Makamae
Aart
Rudolph &
Nealon
Otherwise known as MARN

Makamae is very demanding and often feels entitled to a non-existent leadership on the basis that his name comes first in their code. Despite this, he’s good at decisions and will help his brothers in times of confusion.
45i47g
Aart is considered by most to be passive aggressive in nature. Unlike most crocs, he doesn’t mind when he’s confused for an alligator like his brother Rudolph. He’s more calm than the rest but his lack of assertiveness gets the best of him when blindly following orders.
-24pmql
Rudolph is the “romantic” type but doesn’t realize that aggressive manliness is not an excuse for charm. Although he’s very considerate when giving gifts, especially on Christmas which is the only day you can joke about the reindeer and not wake up to find huge casualties.
4j8mv4
Nealon will not calm down.
96cmc3
Tell me which brother is your favorite

16 Likes

I have no idea what this is, but it looks great! the little backstories are also neat.

1 Like

Thanks, they’re an oc for a series I’ve been working on called “Burburja Veraz”. It’s a psychological horror action series in the future that explores the dangers of superpowers based on the psyche. This dude happens to be a soldier for the fictional country “Ulgania” which one of the main characters come from.

2 Likes

Cool.

1 Like

This looks pretty nice. good job

1 Like

Love this! Strong Star Fox vibes

2 Likes

Up close, the finer details of the artwork really shine through. The pressure sensitivity and the slick lineart is excellent and makes everything pop, allowing the character design and the angular skulls of these cretins to shine.

Zoomed out it looks like it was drawn in ms paint. All the line weight is completely hidden amidst the large amount of color flats, and the design loses its charm. It’s a very unique situation for certain, as most artwork gets less desirable when zoomed in due to resolution issues or losing sight of the grander details, but here the issue is completely inverted. I love the closeup of these fellow and basically any point or portion of the drawing, but it’s unappealing as a complete image and I’m not entirely certain what could fix that.

1 Like

I tried giving it an outline to make it less “ms paint”.

1 Like

Shouldn’t you want to make it more ms paint?