Cold Steel: Lord of the Soulless

Right, and have the rotor lose posability and continuously knock off his shoulder armor (which isn’t going anywhere). Also, Axonn hands would look terrible and I challenge you to find hands that could carry his longsword around. Why do you think I threw friction joints onto them?

Agreed on the first part, but I try and reserve my technic parts simply because if I went all out custom like that, I’d burn out my supply in no time.

Overgreebled? My MOC has nothing on a LOT of MOCs.

His limbs are pretty much custom out of necessity, he’s literally like the only MOC in my room that has them. And sure, my bad, I failed to express my thoughts accurately. Cold Steel was made to be structurally sound and have good carrying strength. Other things, such as looks, take lesser priority.

You might be onto something with the shoulder armor, but not something big enough to completely overhaul his upper arms and color scheme to ‘fix’. As for your ‘critiques’ on the rotor and color scheme, I’m most certainly biased but I think I can smell an opinion when I see one, especially when you say nothing more about the rotor than it’s being ‘ugly’.

You claim to be nice, to be giving criticism that I should listen to in order to improve, then all you have to call things are ‘ugly’ and ‘generic’ while giving little to no real explanation. I agree that there are things on him that could use improvement, but I also understand that there are things I could add for looks that would only be a inconvenience to me or a detriment to his functionality. I’m not going to pretend to be a snowflake for ‘using less technic and smaller parts’. If I’m going to claim it for anything, I’ll claim it for prioritizing function over looks, which is something I see just about never (If anyone has raw evidence to counter this, then by all means please prove me wrong, I would love to see it, seriously). If you’re still wondering why I’m not gushing appreciation for your criticism, all I can say is condescension is not a way to make friends.

There’s more than one custom hand design out there. All you have to do is literally add a couple of system parts, and the hands would look way better.

Good=/=complex

And those mocs also have coherent textures so it looks alright.

Critiques are based on opinion. Heck, moccing is based on opinion. There’s going to be differing opinions, and you have to live with it. No reason to get worked up over it.

That’s such a broad catergory that there has to have been someone who has done that before. Not to mention, they can usually make it look ok.

1 Like

Now that I’ve properly embarrassed myself on my own topic with poorly thought out overreactions to a post that wasn’t even worth my time, I am fully regretting posting in the first place. I’m done speaking here.

I’ve seen plenty a hand design that uses mini ratchet joints, you could probably use one of those.

The thing about “a LOT of MOCs” nowadays, is that most of them that do have lots of greebles know how to keep the texturing consistent, unlike your moc (and there I wasn’t calling it ugly)

It’s a cluttered mess of parts, the heads don’t work and look out of place. The textures don’t flow together whatsoever, you got those red breez shields with a hexagonal pattern, the brutaka swords with a spiked pattern, the heads with krana that are heads with krana, the bohrok shield and the metru chests
they all have different textures and the only two that really flow together are the heads and the metru chests, not only that but what is it trying to be? a helicopter rotor? it doesn’t make sense to be that
maybe you’ll try to defend it as some futuristic weapon thing but it doesn’t look like a very practical weapon
the saw parts are too far away and it doesn’t work very well

1 Like

Enough arguing. Name-calling isn’t cool; nor is failing to accept constructive critique. The next person to continue discussion in an uncivil manner will get a one-day suspension. Calm down, everyone.

5 Likes

This looks cool. I think you should add a lot more white to the MOC, as it is it looks pretty bland colour-wise with all the black and silver. The akaku doesn’t work as shoulder pads, and also don’t fit in with the colour they are. His chest looks really cluttered, and his lower legs seem like they stick forward a lot. Also his upper arms are really gappy and like they’re custom for the sake of being custom. That’s really all I see wrong, maybe the feet don’t work but idk what other feet there are for such a big dude.

1 Like

The excessive amount of detail on the chest compared to other parts of the body make it kinda hard to make things out. I’d also recommend increasing the white distribution, as it currently seems rather limited.

1 Like

Okay that makes a much more sense. :stuck_out_tongue: I can’t really disagree with the differing textures (not that I really know how to fix that either), but it’s pretty much meant to be a rotating blade of terror and annihilation. While I could defend with futuristic crud (that would be true given his character but oh well :stuck_out_tongue:), I have never really cared about ‘true’ practicality in my weapon designing and so I really couldn’t care less about it now. So no, I’m not going to defend the weapon at all. XD

2 Likes