Color variation in squid ammo

Oh, I’m not the creator of the Iceberg but it just seems like the sort of thing that deserves a spot on it.
@Macantonio is one creator of a detailed Iceberg, maybe they would be interested in it as an edition.

3 Likes

I see. Who is the creator by the way? I have seen several Bionicle icebergs around here.
EDIT: Ok I see you added the answer, thanks.

1 Like

Also just realized, maybe the numbers have no correlation as they are simply batch ID’s as in there 10 or so Squids made in each mold.

1 Like

Yes that is possible. I brought it to the attention because of what @Wolk explained earlier about the numbers and molds. Perhaps he would be able to tell us more, once he sees that squids have numbers too?

2 Likes

Yeah, I missed what he said before but double checking I think the “Ice cube” Method is what it is.

1 Like

Well that’s the thing. If we go by what Wolk said and the numbers are positions within the mold, then the squids with the same numbers should have similar amounts of red injected because it would flow similarly each time a new batch is made (as with the poisoned Hau Nuva).
But based on my picture of all the squids, that does not seem to be the case…

But I have very little technical knowledge of injection molding and we do not know for certain if the squid numbers refer to mold positions in the first place.

2 Likes

Oh! I was absolutely unaware of that. Seeing as there’s just one number, I assume it’s the position? Strange that they are that varied in that case. I guess that means they have no pattern to them?
The zamor spheres are also a good point, they too seem more varied than they should be. Although, the yellow-red Zamor spheres I believe are solid red mixed with trans-yellow. It’s interesting seeing just how red those squids get though… Maybe it’s not trans-orange?

3 Likes

If you read my “squid science” post a little higher up, I actually point out that the second color aside from yellow is red in squids just like in zamor spheres (or if you have read it, maybe you just missed it).

I will look at some zamor spheres tomorrow to see if my findings will be similar.

4 Likes

Huh. Yeah, I’ve never seen squids that are that red before.

3 Likes

yes
somebody did actual research
very good job sir

3 Likes

This is the quality content I’ve been missing in my life

4 Likes

Ok, here is the promised squid-zamor comparison. You can clearly see the color schemes and melding are the same.

One more thing I noticed about the squid numbers is that they only go up to 8, so they were likely 8 squids per mold during production.

Te zamor spheres have number too at the injection point, but they are much harder to make out, because of the overall melting of that area. Only a single zamor sphere from the four I posted has a readable number and that is 1 (not shown).

9 Likes

Nice!

Still a mystery to me why they’re different, when other parts like the Hau are not… There’s always more to learn.

4 Likes

Oh, then, the variation of this color is…
put yellow at the bottom of the mold and orange at the top, but it could be the difference depending on how much it mixes.
Interesting…
the same number but different colors might be because the positions of colors put in the mold change.

4 Likes

Interesting theory.

To add to the mystery of these parts, Element ID 4500092 is used in the instructions of the following:

• 8916 Takadox
  • 8917 Kalmah
  • 8918 Carapar
  • 8919 Mantax
  • 8920 Ehlek
  • 8921 Pridak
  • 8922 Gadunka
  • 8926 Toa Undersea Attack

Whereas the following use 4511873:

• 6946 Squid Launcher Function
  • 8925 Barraki Deepsea Patrol
  • 8927 Toa Terrain Crawler
  • 8936 Nocturn
  • 8940 Karzahni
3 Likes

I will eat the forbidden gummy, the intrusive thoughts have commanded me so.

3 Likes

Don’t do it! They’ll suck your life away from the inside :dotted_line_face:

3 Likes

Why shouldn’t I? It’s TM lore accurate, and that only makes it better.

3 Likes

TM lore accurate?

3 Likes

Don’t forget to leave a little hanging from your mandible. Snacks for later.

2 Likes