Common/Uncommon MOCing Pieces

Because their kinda hard to find, they only really came on Uplink, and some of the old hockey sets, (Where they debuted).

2 Likes

Not really, they are pretty cheap on Bricklink.

okay. what kind of connections do the have?

On a separate note, I once made a model I nicknamed, “The headmaster” who had major parts of his body made out of metru heads. almost all the joints but he ankles, wrists, and shoulders were made out of the heads.

1 Like

I tried using them as shoulder pads on my latest MOC, but due to the connections and the shape I was going for on the torso it didn’t work.

It might work if you were going for an American Football armor style.

1 Like

Some of these are common, some of these are uncommon. Either way, all of my constraction mocs boil down to these elements.

7 Likes

I’ve noticed that an oddly large number of my recent MOCs and other builds utilize the minifigure ring piece:

The neat thing about the piece it its unique geometry; it has the inner and outer diameters of a 1L liftarm, but with the thickness of a plate. Not only does it allow for unique spacings along axles, but it can also be used for stud-to-stud connections, since a plate is exactly twice as thick as a stud. (Though the “Lego” logo on some studs can make that an illegal connection, albeit a pretty negligible one)

Examples:

This one uses the rings in three different ways:

I just wish Lego would recolour it in a more generic colour than Chrome Gold.

3 Likes

Now all we need is a a double sided stud for the opposite connection.