COMMUNITY POLL: Least favorite 2015 set?

I only have the Toa so far, and my least favorite is Onua. I understand they were going for a bulky, armored look, but honestly I think they’ve gone too far with it. Yes, his chest and shoulders are bulky, but his arms, legs, and waist are way too thin by comparison. Also, he’s pretty short, so he doesn’t look nearly as intimidating among the other Toa, almost as though he is out of scale. His build is more interesting than most, but in appearance Onua just falls flat for me.

Lewa’s probably second worst due to the almost complete lack of head articulation, although that’s easily solved by lowering the gearbox slightly. I don’t understand why the designers didn’t do that from the outset; it doesn’t even require any extra pieces.

On a side note, Gali’s my favorite.

3 Likes

I’ll tell you when I have them all :stuck_out_tongue:

Although, of the ones I have, I have gripes for only three.

Tahu: He’s great unless you look from the back. His legs just aren’t armored enough, and the HF torso armor makes it look even more awkward.

Protectors of Fire and Ice: Why no elbows!?

1 Like

Gali is my least favorite. I really don’t like her colors, weapon, or mask. There’s just nothing to the set that really makes me want it. I feel that a better mask could have really improved it in my eyes, as I just can’t get over how much I dislike this one.

1 Like

Personally, I’ve got more problems with Onua and Lewa’s masks. The mask of jungle looks nothing like the Miru, and the mask or earth seems smaller than the others, for no apparent reason.

1 Like

The mask of Earth is smaller to make Onua seem bigger

Which kind of makes him more disappointing to me…

1 Like

Semi agree with you matoro
he is an excellent set
but he is a little boring.

But uhm
I dont have the sets, I cant decide yet.

It’s especially disappointing since I really thought he would be my favorite.

1 Like

As Eljay pointed out on the last game night, though, Gali is probably the worst which everyone ignores- the mask of earth has a heavy semblence to the Pakari, the mask of Jungle has a few recognizable features (like the air holes) and Gali has… nothing. IDK, it’s just largely overlooked that her mask is absolutely NOTHING like her Mata or Nuva counterparts.

There’s a lot of similarities between the KauKau and Mask of Water. The visor shape around the eyes for instance. The Mask of Jungle looks a lot less like the Miru.

7 Likes

A new look and visual differences in my Bionicle!? Throw it in the trash
/s

In all serious I hardly think “It’s different” is a valid complaint, and I think that we should judge it as a mask on its own. In which case, I personally find it excels.

I don’t hate him, but his neckbeard mask is a bit off-putting, and the wide lower leg armor gives him a natural wide legged appearance, meaning if you try to do a neutral or just calm standing pose, it’ll look bow-legged.

9 Likes

I really like Tahu’s mask actually. Reminds me of William T. Riker

4 Likes

Wait what? The mask of water looks a lot like the original Kaukau. The triangular mouth shape. The goggle like visor the top of the mask kind of.

1 Like

Tahu to transporter room, beam us up.

Ok, to break the argument about what mask is more like the old ones, I’ll nitpick the sets and reveal my least favorite.
Masters in general
you can barely see their eye color through their tiny eye holes. (exceptions, Onua and Gali to an extent)

Tahu

• He is a little boring. He has no real texture to speak of without the new add ons.
  • the wide lower legs doesn’t bother me as much as it used to.
  • OH MY NOODLES, WHY ARE THE BACKS OF HIS LEGS SO NAKED!
  • The extra parts from his surfboard are off-putting when he uses the bifurcated swords

Lewa

• His neck. Nuff said.
  • The technic parts on his lower arms
  • He looks like he has poofy pants (not a con, just an observance)

Kopaka

• His skis are a rehashed Tahu’s lava board
  • extra pins and technic beam on the skis/shield
  • His lower legs. Nuff said.
  • The spear is a little bland.
  • trans hands
  • stickers

Pohatu

• he is the simplest and most basic of the masters
  • the bohrok eyes on the jetarangs make it impossible to properly fold them up like in the animations and game
  • While I do get the point of the bone spikes, they still seem out of place.
  • He’s soooo short

Despite all this, Pohatu still is my favorite out of them for some reason.

Gali

• her axe is too heavy. Period.
  • lots of extra technic bits
  • RANDOM RED PINS!!!

Onua

• They misspelled Onya on the box (jk)
  • The hammer is unusually small for a guy as big as him.
  • He’s soooo short
  • I just don’t like this interpretation of the mask. it’s too short and wide.
  • too many colors. he needs to get rid of that gold.
  • I’m pretty sure his shoulders are wider than he is tall.
  • extra technic axle when he has the turbo shovellers
  • stickers

LoSS

• The chestplate for a face is weird, but it’s grown on me
  • The grab function is effectively useless, but it’s still cool.
  • he can’t bend his legs

Protectors in general

• Their chestplates seem to stick a bit too far out, but I’ve gotten used to it
  • yellow is out of place for all but the PoJ and PoW

PoF

• He has a bit of Onua syndrome with those stubby arms and that giant (for a protector) chest
  • those blades are the most useless weapons ever
  • no back armor
  • trans hands

PoI

• stubby arms
  • random silver feet
  • the shield is a little weird

PoJ

• those tails are odd
  • the bow is just too big for him

PoW

• no upper arm armor
  • her weapon is a blaster with spears. that’s it.

PoS

• No back armor
  • the bone spikes again

PoE

• no back armor
  • the drill is kinda stupid in my opinion. it is a fitting weapon, just not a good one.
  • the throwing knives are just lazy
  • the chest armor just looks…off to me
  • the chest blaster has solid colored studs. wth?

my least favorites:
Protector: PoE
Master ($15): Gali
Master ($20): Onua
Overall: PoE

4 Likes

Lewa - purely because i dislike the mask.

1 Like

Out of the four I have, it has to be Lewa. His head articulation is just too bad.

1 Like

the skis thing annoys me to all hell
no not the rehash thing
The fact that people state this as a con

It is not a con

And the second thing is to go with the function, you can very well just leave them off to the side, it makes no difference.

I will agree trans hands are a little wierd.
but stickers?

From what I have heard, there were extra gears to make sure the axe wouldnt unintentionally activate the function

silly orrel!
foot tails are never a con!

First thing I agree with
second thing I agree with
third thing I agree with
fourth one is meh.

There are, but it’s not enough. the axe is just too heavy.

I’m not saying they are bad, just weird. both in concept and design.

I’m not saying the mask is a bad one, I think my post is being a wee bit misinterpreted. xD I stated that because that guy was talking about how Lewa’s mask wan’t similar at all, and I meant to bring up that Gali’s is worse in that regard haha. Don’t get me wrong, I still like the mask… it’s just not (in my opinion) as similar to the older iterations as people make it out to be. So I stress again, I still like the mask :smile: just like I currently really like the mask of jungle.