Complete Bionicle Character Index (W.I.P)

So, over the past couple of days I’ve been working on a little personal project. A powerpoint presentation that indexes Bionicle characters. Now I’m only really including characters that got a set or a combo model. Some form of official plastic form. Save for Matoran characters. I’ll include story only matoran characters, mainly because a lot of the good ones never got any official set form. I’m very far from finished, and don’t have too much done at the moment. It then occurred to me that I could make this sort of a community thing. Together we can work on collecting information and images, and I’ll work on compiling it all into the presentation, posting updates every now and again. I’ve included a link below so you can take a look at what I have so far. Its an ambitious project and will take some time, but its something I’m excited to work on, especially with the community help.

6 Likes

So, like an offline version of BS01, but with locations and serials cut off? Would things be simply CTRL-V’d off BS01?

Sort of. More like a personal guide. It would be useful if I say, wanted to introduce a new friend to Bionicle. Having something more compact with more simple and basic info would work a lot better than just throwing a wiki at them.

Though come to think of it, I could make additional location and item indexes somewhere down the road.

1 Like

Maybe something like character bios in RPs, and then a list of major events the character took part in/affected.

That’s what I’m thinking of. For the individual character pages, I’ll include name, element, mask, weapons/tools, and a bio.

1 Like

I just made a google slides version of it, for faster loading and compatibility with mobile devices, so you can access it on the go. Should I share the link?

1 Like

That sounds like a good idea.

Here it is.

2 Likes

Great. This should make it easier for multiple people to work on it as well.

1 Like

Here’s a template I just made.

Name-
Element-
Mask-
Weapons/Tools-
Personality-
Origin-
Major Events-

EDIT: Fixed!

2 Likes

That will work. Though a spot for personality/bio would also be a good idea.

1 Like

I’ll help, just tell me what you need.

2 Likes

For the moment, I want to focus on background images for the slides, and filling out the rest of the list pages.

1 Like

So whats’s needed?

1 Like

Lets work on the background images for now. If you look at the pages for the different matoran and toa teams, I use fitting background images.I’m having trouble finding fitting images for a good chunk of the slides though. Bohrok in particular.

1 Like

Alright, where should I post the ones I find, just in this thread?

1 Like

Yes. Here is good.

Alright, here’s some ideas for the Bohrok.

They might need some cropping though. And really, this website is a great place to get old Bionicle art. http://biomediaproject.com/bmp/

3 Likes

I’m aware how great the Biomedia Project site is. I even found a downloadable matoran font. Might make a matoran version of this when its all done. Anyway, thanks for the images. I’l put these into my personal copy. I think it’ll be a good idea to have a sort of “master copy” that acts as refined version of the community copy. Also since I’m more used to working with Powerpoint than the Slides program.

2 Likes

Your welcome, do you want some solo shots of the Bohrok, or just dramatic ones like these?

2 Likes