Concepts for individual matoran bodies [ART] NOW WITH MASKS - less spooky

Taking this subject up is like stirring the dead… Please do not look into their eyes for too long.

Since the Leg discussion was won by the Long side I abide the that concept. as I wanted the Matoran to be just as interesting to look at as the Toa but not overshadow them…
(Maybe unless the guy sitting on a giant crab hehehehehe)

Anyway: Take a look and give some feedback:

Le koro having a over production of… early retirments and work casua- Casual problematical transport issues They are a colour ful mixture of Green green and more green. Just like we Like it.

Onu koro is a strange one… The purple ones just appeared out of nowhere one day and due to the warm hearted nature of the Earth matorans they were taken in. Their Origin is a mystery but they are often the ones that reside in the great temple complexes under the earth. The Illusive candle head cult would seem to have much to do with their involment.

Also first peek at the individual assesories for the Matorans.

Now with masks. had to remove the prince
The sea is blue, (Daba deeee da ba d-) and so are the water tribes people. And no they are not lonely. Okay the Orange one is but that was a experiment. I am sure can tell poor Gali from the fellow maorans.

Time for the Hot stuff. Metaphorically. The Fire tribe has a strange relationship with the lawa and surfing should be quite popular. Sadly it is not the beachers of Mangai that is over crowed by the youth that would try their attempt at the waves but the large Lava rivers that is subject to their passionate adventures.

Scortch marks are easier to cover up the darker you go.

What goes up must come down agian. And these desert dewelling mobster ruled classics are universially thought to be the most rock and roll people around. While they lack the Thomson and Swing music I am sure that the gangsters-

Here is a side to side comparison. Hope you like.
And the Purple ones.

GENDERS…

for a race we does not even know how Reproduce…

TL DR: LOOK AT THE PICTURES!

25 Likes

they look spooky, and the le-matorans look like green larntern iron-man

4 Likes

point taken.
Removed the circle.

The faces seem a little too skeletal and the design needs a little more detail, it kind of reminds me of these guys, but the overall shaping looks great.

Adding just a little more detail would really sell these designs. I know they are supposed to look similar than the Toa but I think these may just be a touch to simple. These are LEGO’s Nexo Knight “throw away” characters for detail reference.

I love the color blocking and the shaping of the plating you went with for this, but that face isn’t to expressive, and with there mouths being visible I dont know if a robotic skull face would be that viable for them.
on the other hand it’d be awesome for the skull villains if we got Kulta walking about!

I would try and add some plats or tissue to this base to add more personality myself. but for a maskless matoran minifigure, they are really good!
My favorite are the Motaran matoran I like to think that the one with the tan one is using clay in his construction

Simple, but not too simple. I like it.

I looked at the pictures before I read the text and my soul has been stolen

Has there been any concept art for G3 Turaga yet? Anyway, these look great.

I’m seeing cybermen here dude, is it just me? The faces look way too much like the cybermen, the design is just a bit eerie and skull-like. The bodies are fine it’s just the faces that are off.

1 Like

I am planing on making them some "individual decorations but Right now It is a work in pogress. I wanted to see the feedback on this so I did not spend time unessarily

Can’t have enough of matorans.

Toraga is just a title now. For Mangai it is like their “Democratically ellected Dictator”
(Rome did if first)

Hide under your bed.

I see your point But I wanted the Head to be very default so we can leave the personalisation to the individual person.

And course the Mata nui was covered in maskless G1 heads…
I REALIZED THOSE WERE SKULLS!

2 Likes

I’ll have you know I prefer the couch. I see your point but perhaps they could be redesigned to look more face-like rather than skull-like.

1 Like

I shall.

The head is much like everything else a place holder.

2 Likes

the problem with these designs is that they look more of what Makuta would want the Matorans to be (if he were to make them), basicly emotionless and simple. The head designs makes them even look more like factory robots from a science fiction LEGO theme.

Not saying that the work you did here is bad, just that the designs doesn’t really work for the matorans that is discussed in G3. These designs would actually work better if they are actually meant to be purely robotic entities made by say… G3 Nuparu for example.

Working on personalizing them. I wanted to show off the body work first.

I am gonna make small trinkets for every tribe.

2 Likes

it’s still pretty spooky, I now see what you are going for tho, you made them look like the matoran in the movies no?

My main concept was more colour and expression yet less in commen with the Toa figur.so that they would not have to diael down the Details or colour.

I am pretty sure taht Bionicle swears to colours

I mean, the mouths

it reminds me a lot of how they looked on the movies

More like Oomatus picture of Gali:
http://i.imgur.com/7CmTN5f.jpg
This one
Wich I see now is rather similar.

The last pic is scary as heck

I did write LESS spooky.

1 Like

More like, too spooky