Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

“Sorry, reference to a musical.” He said. “And history. Either way, about helping us find the Conduits…?” He asks again.

Elizabeth bites her lip. The obvious answer was ‘No thanks, I have a life to get back to.’ That was what she should be saying. It was simple, honest; there was no point in deluding anybody.

“How long would this take?”

Mokuzai sighs and steps over to the circle Huh. Magic. Sounds really… Lame to be honest.

OOC Sorry. I was st Aikido

1 Like

“I’m honestly not sure. However, you wouldn’t need to worry about your workplace. I could tell them you were picked for a special…relic search? Sorry, the word escapes me. Either way, with that and some…‘compensation’ for your absence, I’m sure I could get it done. At the very most it’d probably take maybe a month. Tops.”

As soon as he did, the box stops tugging. “So, what gem’s in there?” Jeff turns to ask him as he awaited Elizabeth’s response.

“Appraiser said it was a Zircon.”

“That’s nice of you and all,” she starts, her voice unconsciously slipping into a tone she reserves for customers, “but I’m not sure I’ll be much of a help. Selling coffee doesn’t exactly prepare you to look for magic rocks.”

“We need as much help as we can get.” Jeffrey tells her. “If the wrong people get these things, all hell would break loose.”

Mokuzai flipped over the box and raised it up to look inside

Meanwhile, a man was late to the party… quite literally. Justin was at his school’s homecoming dance. He wasn’t really interested in these types of things, but he decided to go because he wanted to get out a bit. Practically nobody said hi or noticed him, which Justin was used to. He was standing off to the side, drinking from a solo cup of root beer. Suddenly, the slow dance music came on. “Alright ladies and gentlemen, time to grab your partners for the slow dance!” the DJ said. Partners began to rapidly pair up, while Justin began to look around- then he saw her. She wasn’t just one girl, she was the one. Justin clutched the Aquamarine amulet around his neck. “For you…” Justin whispered to himself. He began to slowly move towards the girl. Before he could make a move, however, another man stepped in and swept the girl off her feet. Defeated, Justin pounded down the rest of his root beer and left the school, heading down to the beach. Long walks along the beach, especially at night, helped to clear his mind. Justin closed his eyes, taking in the salty sea air and listening to the waves. Then, he noticed a glowing on his amulet. At first, Justin though that it was the moonlight’s reflection, but he then released that the glow was coming from inside the jewel. “How odd…” Justin remarked. He then felt a pull, as if some force was urging him in a certain direction. The glowing seemed to move along a path like a flashlight beam. Justin decided to follow it.

One travel montage later…

Justin finally ascended the top of the mountain. He looked around at the others. “Guess I wasn’t the only one.” he remarked. “My name’s Justin.”

Elizabeth sighs. “I have the next couple weeks off. I can stick around until that’s over. I don’t need any sort of compensation.”

“Zircon?” Jeff started. “I think it said that could do something with sight.” He then turned to Elizabeth. “Thank you.” He said, and finally turned to Justin. “Hi, I’m Jeff. Step over the circle thing and it’ll stop floating.”

In his room, Zablex closed the curtains and blinds on his window before testing out his Conduit’s abilities. He began by grabbing a large book and tried to fully petrify it.

Elizabeth nods, and moves off to explore some of the deeper sections of the cavern.

She wouldn’t find very much else of note, just rocks and small stalactites until the end. It seemed be a somewhat small cave with no branching paths.

2 Likes

Zablex lifts up the book to try and judge its weight before turning it back to normal. “A bit denser than normal obsidian; I guess that explains why that rock was heavier when it got changed.” He muttered, still a bit confused at how the mentioned rock did become heavier without changing anything about it aside from being turned that material.

He puts the book away and opens his laptop, curious to see if he could find some new songs to learn, info on Conduits and if word had gotten out regarding the awakening of the Conduits scattered across the globe.

OOC: okay, I’m gonna say this now that I am glad this is using magic because that rock from before should’ve weighed the same if things followed realistic laws. Whatever happened to that rock Zablex petrified? I don’t think he took it with him.

She meanders around the back of the room before moving in the direction of the others. It would be interesting to see what the others were capable of, she supposed.

He’d find a few blogs about some jewelry of theirs glowing, and one of a conspiracy theorist who thought he saw one in a museum, but nothing about a pull towards a location, just the glowing.

OOC: I think he just left it there.

1 Like

He smirks, and thus the flood begins with but a trickle. he thought as he looked at the stories and posts.

He moves to look up more music to play and add to his binder, bringing out some staff paper if he needed to transpose it to fit any of his instruments.

He kept another window open on his laptop for if he decided to see if he could find any solid info on Conduits later.

OOC: Maybe Elizabeth, Mokuzai or Justin would find it and ask about it.

Mokuzai sighs and looks around A rose by any other name is still a rose I guess. I’m the same as always.

After a moment’s hesitation, Elizabeth approaches Moku. “Er… hello. I’m Elizabeth.” She offers her hand for a handshake.