Contest Prize Poll

bragging rights

1 Like

For me, it doesn’t matter if there’s no prizes, as long as it’s a contest I want to participate in.

Depends; if I want to support the person putting on the contest I would participate, or if there were good prizes, yeah.

But just some random prizeless contest?

Probably not.

To Be honest I would enter any contest if I had the time the thing is if it had a prize I would be twice as motivated

Depends on the nature of the contest. If it’s a smaller/simpler contest, the theme would dictate my interest. If it’s something more ambitious that measures your skill, I might be more interested.

Back when mocpages still had an active community, there was an annual contest called Bio-Cup, which pitted bio-mocers against each other in varying themes and increasing challenges. I loved that contest, as it served as a means of challenging your comfort zone and measuring your skill within the community, and that in itself was quite attractive about it. At best it had 84 contestants and lasted 3 months, but it was totally worth the attention and bragging rights. It never had physical prizes.

3 Likes

Yes and no. For me it depends on the topic and/or the price. There are topics I would love to enter a contest for, regardless of there being a price or not. Same goes for a price that would interest me.

No I would probably need some kind of prize as motivation, even if it was as small as bragging rights.

An example of this is the TTV’s brickonicle contest and Eljay’s ask greg contest. If you striped these of their physical prizes the brickonicle contest still offers bragging rights, while the ask greg contest doesn’t really offer that.

Alright guys, this topic has been very informative to us. Thank you for your input!

3 Likes