Could a LEGO Ideas Project Save Bionicle/Constraction?

I think you’re missing the point, any theme can have constraction, so what theme will bring it back?

A knights theme, a robots theme, a mech them, a monster theme? Any of these could have constraction but what’s the incentive to use it?

2 Likes

Of these, a mech theme has the best chance, but i doubt it. LEGO seems content to just make licensed themes instead of original story lines.

2 Likes

I mean, we still have ninjago, and that still seems to be pretty successful. Maybe they’ve just found that most original story-based IPs are overshadowed by ninjago.

Like remember how they were originally planning to have Chima replace Ninjago? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

True, but Thats about it. I also never really got into Chima or Ninjago, so Ninjago still being around does little for me.

1 Like

Well, neither, but that doesn’t mean they’re not interested in making original story-based IPs, they just don’t seem to be doing well enough to stick around for long though seemingly well enough to last the expected three years, barring ninjago.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: LEGO’s Advertising Strategy: Original v Licensed

You just said people who think this are overcrowding the boards

1 Like

Because a singular reply to a topic regarding the matter constitutes this.

2 Likes

Hey guys, we are getting off-topic here. I don’t want this topic to be closed, so please let’s return to the original discussion.

yeah, Sorry about that.

back on topic, I think its plausible, but it’s probably not going to happen.

1 Like

I agree, but as I said before, we haven’t really tried it to the scale where it’s actually likely to happen.
Thinking about this more, what if resubmitted a brickonkile set to LEGO Ideas? There have been plenty of good ones that might have a chance if they gain the needed support.

A post was merged into an existing topic: LEGO’s Advertising Strategy: Original v Licensed

Which would require creating a Bionicle theme again, which LEGO would better do entirely on their own, and LEGO Ideas wouldn’t spur that on at all.

######Thinking about it, I would love to see one reworked to be not-Bionicle and just have a fantasy-adventure theme.

2 Likes

Great idea! I don’t see why not.

once again there is this.

I honestly would like to see something come out similar to this. I thought that Elves was going to be similar, but it disappointed me. As soon as I heard the phrase, “BFFs over BFs” I was out.

I’m working on something I might want to put up on ideas, not really constraction tho. Will probably take quite a while till it’s done!
Has something to do with the letters B I and O

6 Likes

but there’s no b in ninjago :stuck_out_tongue:

Dang it! Spelling is hard!

You’re making a statue of Obi Wan!

7 Likes