Crackpot Theory

I can see where you are coming from, but I think that without a connection, the G1 story becomes slightly insignificant, and the name “Bionicle” on this new wave would lose some of its prestige. That said, I think we can already assume that there is already an implicit connection with the whole vahi thing.

I’m not sure if it’s clear or not, but from what I’ve read it just appears to be transparent (which implies clear unlike translucent). It is pictured as blue probably so we can see it better or perhaps as a reflection.

I had a brainfart the other day. So, let us sum this up:

• The Vahi is canon for the two generations. The G2 universe states that the “lower half of the Mask of Time was lost”, I can’t recall the precise wording.
  • G1 had a Spectral Mask, which implies the clear nature of the Mask.
  • The mask is the Hau, which the original Tahu wore. The new, clear Mask of Fire was in only one wave, the first wave, in which (surprise, surprise), Tahu wore the coloured version of it.
  • Also, back to the Vahi, for a second. Remember that in the second movie, LoMN, Makuta always refers to the Vahi as “the Mask of Time”, never as “the Kanohi Vahi”? I know, this seems like a stretch (and I also disregarded the fact that the movie was made for children/young adults, so they needed to keep the terminology simple), but what if the Makuta in G2 had in his possession the Mask of Time, the reforged, two-piece-connected Vahi, and Ekimu saw the potential of destruction, when Makuta wasn’t looking, halved the Mask, then his the two parts?

Not really. Bionicle means Biological Chronicle so the name would still be significant. I think it would be way too confusing if it was connected to G1 and it would be useless

Guys, I have a question. If Makuta just asked Ekimu instead of getting hot headed and jealous, if he asked his brother, like “Hey, bro, show me some cool techniques you use to be better in mask-making”, would the MofUP be insignificant or were there a chance to be created to symbolise the power of the six elements?

Well I mean it could be a soft reboot and not a hard reboot. Connecting it to g1 is not inherently bad. Just have a connect isn’t bad and could be cool for fans want to know what came before. Connecting the generations wouldn’t mean that g2 fans and story followers would then have to research all of g1 and know it’s story, it would mainly help the fan of g1 feel better about seeing the beloved franchise generation one last time.

3 Likes

yeah, even if it was something as simple as just seeing Spheres Magna through a portal or something, it’d be awesome

1 Like