Custom-torso help!

This will be my second attempt at a truly custom torso build, and I need some help.

As you can see, there are open-pins and an overall shoddy build. My hope is to try and streamline this design as much as possible. If it’s a lost cause then I’ll scrap it and start over. Suggestions?

7 Likes

I can help if it’s slightly downsized. As is it’s too large for my scale from the looks of it. I’m picky like that :stuck_out_tongue:

I can give general help though.

2 Likes

Please do. I’m hoping to fashion this into the next version of my self-MOC.

1 Like

I don’t have much to say, so I would listen to ekorak. he generally knows what he’s talking about…

pelvis and waist seem small…

1 Like

Yeah, trying to work on that.

i think the hordika necks and the peice connecting them to the technic liftarm should be removed in favor of balljoints, like the 2015 toa, and using the axel space between the body and balljoint to add something to fill out the shoulder.

also maybe switch the waist to the good-old vahki waist-hordika neck plus toa metru chest armour so the waist is less skinny

PS
the lego instructions say it is harder to build when on carpet

/s

3 Likes

Looks pretty good so far, although I’m not sure how you intend to armor the waist/crotch area with just one axle hole.

Screw that!

Neither am I :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I would say try to attach armor pieces to it and see how that would look and see if you can edit it around that

1 Like

heh…looks like something I made…

but I would take a two-long axle and stick it on the hand connector on he waist, then plave ANOTHER hand in what ever color the MOC will be.

Screw the rules!

This Torso does look good so far. IMO I think you should try armoring it up now and see what sticks out and where there might be gaps, then continue.

1 Like

@Risebell and @codenamelego39
Here it is with some armor.

1 Like

Alright, it’s looking good so far.
You should try and add some CCBS shells to those armpits, maybe some shoulder armour too if you can.

2 Likes

what’s going on in the background xD

I agree with @Risebell. Also try use bigger armor shells to cover more while using less

A stop-motion I need to finish :stuck_out_tongue:

@Risebell
I’ll see what I can do. I may need to reconfigure some parts before I continue.

1 Like

Actually I think I might be able to help with this

maybe

lemme check to see what I can do

1 Like

Okay, I am going to hope that that armor is there only to show what it would look like with armor, instead of the finished project.

Rest assured, that is no finished project :stuck_out_tongue: