Cute Collecting Crabs

Archive Entry: Kohpa Crabs

Kohpa crabs are a bipedal crustacean Rahi found throughout the Universe, typically on tropical shorelines close to villages and communities. As they are amphibious, they can be found in caves or self-constructed shelters above or underwater in packs of 3 to 6 individuals.

Kohpa crabs are very social creatures and do not see Matoran as a threat unless proven otherwise. They reside close to Matoran settlements as they are notorious collectors of Kanohi and other items that they can utilize as decorative shells. Further observation required to determine the intricacies of Kanohi collection and potential symbolism each mask may hold.
On a curious note, there are several unconfirmed cases of Matoran encountering Kohpa crabs who appeared to be using a limited amount of power from Great Masks. Further observation required, though these stories are assumed to be false.

ANATOMY

UPDATE

Due to unfortunate circumstances that have now been contained, we have now gained further insight into Kohpa crab biology. To be specific, it appears they are susceptible to the influence of Krana.

Further observation required.

Instructions

58 Likes

These are absolutely adorable.

1 Like

Could we get tutorials for the base? I love the design of these things.

3 Likes

When I have a bit of time, I will throw something together :slight_smile: thanks for your interest!

3 Likes

I NEEED THEM ALL!!

They are soooooo cute, sooooo nice designed, soooo good!!! I feel like people make a lot of cute MOCs nowadays…

1 Like

They’re great for the exact same reason the 2016 elemental creatures were (mostly) great: small piece count + cutesy proportions + lots of expressive poses = great fun. Well done!

2 Likes

It is important to me that I have a miniature army of these guys defending my house.

These may be some of the cutest MOCs I have ever seen.

1 Like

because you like the Barraki…right…? same to me

When I look at carapar/nocturn, I see a deep sea horrible monster, but when I look at this it’s much more different, so adorable!

2 Likes

Thank you all for the lovely comments! Glad you love these happy crabs as much as I do :smiley:
@Toa_Radrix, I definitely love the Barraki! Carapar’s head does a great job of either displaying a sinister sea creature or something less threatening, for sure.

3 Likes

Cute.

1 Like

These look awesome! Do you think you will be posting a tutorial?

1 Like

Great MOCs! Those custom Carapar heads in blue and white look great! How did you make them?

These are so cool. I love mini MOCs.

1 Like

Nocturn uses a blue one, and I believe the white one came in a system set. (As a 2007 enthusiast, I have to know these things)

EDIT: Looks like it came in this set:

1 Like

They’re so cute. They shouldn’t be, but here they are being all cute with there little claws and… Hey Is that my Kanohi collection!?

Love these designs, so creative. Where did you come up these?

1 Like

@The_Eagle_Kid, I should have time to post one today :slight_smile:

@Zahaki, I really like crabs and I at the time, I had been struggling to make a crab MOC I was happy with. Mostly my struggle was with making MOCs that were Inika size and up. I think the idea to try something small just came up when I was frustrated and fiddling with pieces, to be honest XD

1 Like

Yeah…
I want one of these guys too.
Can you make a how to?

1 Like

I finally got around to make a how-to guide :slight_smile: please enjoy!

Kohpa Crab MOC Instructions

6 Likes

He didn’t. They came in Nocturn and the Toa Terrain Crawler.

2 Likes

This proves that the Bionicle playsets are more useful then they seem :grinning:

1 Like