Dark Hunter MOC: “Windblazer”

this is my MOC “Windblazer”, he is a dark hunter with a grudge against Roodaka. this is his backstory: “Windblazer” originated from an island near Xia and is a member of an unknown species (his species can wear and use kanohi masks but the masks would automatically transform into their hordika forms to fit their heads better), he lost his right eye (the lost eye is represented by the silver bohrok eyepiece) at some point due to a fight with Roodaka sometime before the Visorak arc and so he became a dark hunter to get revenge on Roodaka and fight the Brotherhood of Makuta. “Windblaze” wears the mask of Illusions. (Also, please note this aint spam or advertising but instead I am trying to give my MOCs backstories as to give them some character)

6 Likes

Interesting character. I might suggest a few things:
Armour up the upper arms (standard Inika armour would be a huge improvement) and the chest. There are lots of ways to spruce up a Piraka build—if you use a three-long pin instead of a two for the top pin connecting the hips to the torso, you can stick to Toa Nuva chestplate onto the open pin (though if you go with silver, remember to add some silver somewhere else as well for consistency). For some other inspiration, look at axonn! He uses the same template.
Give him something to reflect his character. Piraka builds are, in truth, quite common, so what makes Windblazer unique? His name implies control of air and fire to some degree; perhaps a set of wings (akin to Hahli Mahri) or some sort of fire-dispensing tool or mouth might distinguish him further from his many other Piraka-build-confederates.
Lastly, in regard to the backstory:
His motivation to join the Dark Hunters stems from his desire to kill Roodaka, but the Brotherhood of Makuta-Dark Hunter War is initiated by the Shadowed One in time Trap, after the events of the 2005 story. You said he fought and was wounded by her prior to the events of 2005, so ther is a bit of an issue there, unless he joined the dark hunters following both events and after the war declaration. One other critique is that Roodaka is more of a ranged fighter, who relies heavily on her Rhotuka, so the idea of her physically stabbing windblazer in the eye is a little odd (granted, she fought Krahka in much the same way). Perhaps a his injury instead comes from a rahkshi or exo Toa, which are both more representative of the Brotherhood—and in any case, TSO believes Roodaka was on his side for much of the Bom-DH war, and likely would not permit an agent of his to kill or maim a spy under his employ.

2 Likes

Giving back story to mocs is quite encouraged, keep it up!

2 Likes

he joined before the 2005 story and informed TSO to not trust Roodaka and also his species can wear and use kanohi masks but they would always be in their hordika forms to fit their heads better

1 Like