Dark Hunters Original Names

Of course the Dark Hunters in the original Dark Hunter book used codenames, but what were their real names? After looking for pictures of Conjurer in order to build him, I stumbled upon a Bzpower list of some of the origianl entries, as well as pictures taken by the builders. Some of them had names, too. ( I’m not suggesting these names are canon. It’s just a neat thing to see the original names.) So! If you can find any other names, link them in the topic!

Conjurer- Shokdon
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=brock77

Darkness- “souless one”

Firedracax- Dragahno

Guardian- Unnamed

Kraata-Kal- “Darkhunter”
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Makutanuvakal

Lurker- Skarteke

Minion- Nahtarki

Primal- “darkhunter”

Silence- “Dark Hunter”

Notes:
-I find it likely that “Kraata-Kal” is referred to as such within the Matoran Universe
-Primal is pictured in one slide with Lurker in his gallery, so his name may still be recoverable

If you are able to find any names, once more, link them in this topic, and we’ll try to compile all entries!

14 Likes

Primal - Nuoka
The document in the Primal gallery says this.

7 Likes

I never knew these variations existed until now, and it makes me pretty excited. At least for the purposes of headcanon, I’ve had problems with the canon codenames of the DHs. Most of them are just English words and would make no sense in the Matoran Language. So instead of having these as their real names, I would suggest that the variant name is simply the Matoran translation of the canon English codename, so that:
Primal = Nuoka
Minion = Nahtarki
Conjurer = Shokdon
Firedracax = Dragahno (Firedracax is just a mess linguistically, so my headcanon would just replace it with Dragahno entirely)

Unfortunately this doesn’t apply to most, but hopefully we can find more that do fit.

(EDIT: In case you’re wondering why I left out Skarteke for Lurker, it appears to just be a German word, so it wouldn’t help anymore than just leaving the English name)

5 Likes

Tyrant - “Omadohn”

Dag and I also found a link to a gallery for Charger on BZP. While the gallery is gone, the link reveals a name: home.cerrocoso.edu/thratliff/lego/kaztahuros_gallery.htm
‘Kaztahuros’

While we’re at it, there’s also three Rahi:
Metru Mantis, “Kamacura” Brickshelf Gallery - Giant Mantis of Metru Nui
Spiny Stone Ape, “Issalem” Brickshelf Gallery - The great Rahi

And then there’s the Silver Chute Spider, titled and based on the Mechanical Hound. Brickshelf Gallery - The Mechanical Hound from the Bradbury book, Fahrenheit 451, with morphine needle and all

5 Likes

I had no idea it was based off of Mechanical Hound from Fahrenheit 451! I definitely see the similarities with the sharp needle tongue sticking out and the eight legs. I’ve always wondered what it’d look like rendered in Bionicle, thanks for this!

4 Likes

I’ve known this for a little while - it’s among my go-to “absurdly obscure Bionicle trivia facts” for the occasions where one is necessary. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Now that’s a reference I never would have expected from Bionicle, especially from the contests. That spider might be one of my favorite rahi now, lol.

2 Likes