Dark Hunters Scattered

So after the GSR was dismantled and everyone migrated out of it, I imagine that the Dark Hunters were somewhat scattered. We know that the Shadowed One is gathering a new hunter force comprised of old and new villains.

To me, this implies that some of the Dark Hunters took advantage of the chaos and the fact that their universe just expanded tenfold to get far away and leave the organization behind. This could be for numerous reasons. Some might have wanted to keep more of the treasure they acquired, others might want to try and form their own groups of villains, and yet others might want to leave crime altogether. I wanted to open a discussion about where people think some of the Dark Hunters might be, and what they might choose to do.

Going alone this line of thought, it is somewhat tragic to think that had he lived to see the end of Teridax, Nidhiki might have been able to escape the Dark Hunters.

6 Likes

Going through the list:

• Spinner: probably still wants to hunt the remaining Toa. Maybe he can help Marendar? Actually, I could see him learning about Marendar and approaching him, only for the latter to recognize him as a Toa and kill him.
  • Amphibax: hard to say, he seemed to relish destruction, he might have gone with the Shadowed One to the new Dark Hunters.
  • Shadow Stealer: well, he’s likely aware of the Order of Mata Nui by this point. He’s probably still planning to confront the Shadowed One, though. I could see him working with the Order, especially members who used to be in the Hand of Artakha with him.
  • Darkness: almost certainly went with the Shadowed One
  • Devastator: similar to Amphibax, the guy seems to live for destruction, might have stuck with the Dark Hunters
  • Gladiator: I could maybe see him becoming an arena fighter among the Glatorian, but given his nature, he likely wouldn’t last long there. Might still be with the Dark Hunters
  • Tracker: with the Visorak having been revived, Tracker is probably going to be hunting them. However, there’s no longer a Brotherhood of Makuta to direct the Visorak, they’re now just wild Rahi, so Tracker doesn’t really have a reason to be with the Dark Hunters.
  • Firedracax: Similar to Tracker, he’s gonna want to hunt the reborn Visorak. Maybe he and Tracker would work together: one hunts, the other kills.
  • Seeker: Ho boy, he’s almost certainly going to learn about either a certain Toa of Light, a certain team of Toa Hagah, or both. And it’s been stated that he only worked with the Dark Hunters to find the Rahaga/Avohkii. Don’t expect him to stick around with the Dark Hunters for too long.
  • Vengeance: I read a theory that since Vengeance’s object of, well, vengeance, seems to shift to whoever killed the last one, and Mata Nui killed Teridax, Veangeance is going to want to kill Mata Nui. He might work with the Dark Hunters to achieve that goal.
  • Savage: he might have been cured by Mata Nui. If not, he’s probably going to wind up with the Dark Hunters again, unfortunately.
  • Kraata-Kal: Shadowed One probably took him.
  • Charger: Yeah, he’s gonna be either with the Dark Hunters or some other destructive force
  • Phantom: now here’s one who almost certainly is gonna leave the Dark Hunters. We know he had good morals and hated working for the Dark Hunters, only working with them because his fellow Matoran saw him as a monster. But the world has recently been introduced to a lot of “monsters” that have been redeemed: the Av-Matoran that were turned into Shadow Matoran, Vican… I wouldn’t be surprised if Mata Nui cured Phantom as well, turning him back into a normal Fe-Matoran. It fits.
  • Lariska: 0% chance she’s not with the Dark Hunters.
  • Vanisher: I’m not sure the Shadowed One would try to recruit him, not with so many better options. We don’t know why he joined the Dark Hunters, so it’s hard to say what he would do.
  • Eliminator: again, we don’t know why he joined. However, it’s quite possible a few of the ones who will be leaving are going to gang up on him to make sure he doesn’t come after them. Firedracax and Tracker vs. Eliminator, anyone?
  • Minion: even with the Brotherhood gone, there’s no way the Shadowed One is letting that guy out of his sight for too long.
  • Subterranean: similar to Phantom, I’d say it’s very likely that Mata Nui cured him. He might try to rejoin the Onu-Matoran of Metru Nui – which will be kinda sad since none of them remember him now (thanks Teri).
  • Mimic: yeah, his companion was freed when the Robot got dissasembled. Unless The Shadowed One gets ahold of her again, it’s basically guaranteed that he’ll reunite with her and leave the Dark Hunters. Heck, even Greg has said so.
  • Primal: given his nature, the Shadowed One might not bother with him. Maybe he’ll join Tracker and Firedracax on their quest? Eh, probably not, seeing as he hates working with others. Hard to say
  • Tyrant: okay, technically he’s not part of the Dark Hunters any more anyway. He’s going to be against them still.
  • Gatherer: hmm. This one’s hard, because while he, like Phantom, was an innocent Matoran, he hasn’t shown any sign of hating the Dark Hunters like Phantom did. But then, unlike Phantom, he was forced to join, so… yeah, he’s probably out.
  • Dweller: he was taken by the Order of Mata Nui and escaped. The Shadowed One is probably going to want his intel on the Order, since they’ll likely be enemies. Shady’s gonna get him back quick.
  • Sentrahk: he’s totally loyal to TSO. No way is he leaving.
  • Lurker: a natural hunter, he’s gonna either join the Dark Hunters 2.0 or some other force.
  • Conjurer: he’s not got a choice, he’s still comatose. If/when he awakens, he’ll probably try to take over the Dark Hunters 2.0. Expect him to die soon.
  • Ravager: Another one that just lives to destroy. TSO is definitely going to try and get his claws on this one.
  • Silence: he might have been cured by Mata Nui, but he seemed to embrace his new form and powers, so I imagine he’s still Silence. Interestingly, I think the Order might have their sights on this one. He fits their style…
  • Triglax: hard to say, we know so little about him. I doubt the Shadowed One will be quick to recruit him, as he’s a bit rebellious, but I’ve no idea what he’ll do.
  • Poison: he’s stated to be unquestioningly loyal to TSO. Expect him to stay.
  • Airwatcher: TSO might try to recruit him as a guard again. He’s almost certainly going to be somebody’s guard dog, it seems to be the only thing he’s good at.
  • The Recorder: we know so little about him, so I don’t know what he’ll do. He might try to escape TSO and go off to hide somewhere.
  • Voporak: he’s going to try to bring the Mask of Time back. Will he succeed? Who knows.
  • Prototype: I can’t see him being anything other than a lackey in an organization. That’s probably going to be the Dark Hunters.

Honorary mention: what-if these guys were around.

• Krekka: he’d probably keep working for the DHs. It’s all he really knows.
  • Nidhiki: Mata Nui would most likely have cured him. He would have left the Dark Hunters, probably tried to find someplace to be a hero again. Might not be too hard, actually…
  • Guardian: he seemed pretty loyal, I’d expect him to stick with the DH 2.0s
  • Ancient: now that The Shadowed One knows he’s a spy, and he knows TSO knows, he’d probably be inducted into the Order.

wow this post turned out long.

6 Likes

Dang, great job going through all of them!!
These sorts of replies are extra special!

3 Likes

I could see a sub plot about the Shadowed One and the OoMN rushing to see who can find The Recorder first, as he would have vital intel on the Dark Hunters as a whole.

3 Likes

It would have been cool to see characters like Savage and Phantom get cured and redeemed. Maybe other characters like Ahkmou could take their place.

4 Likes

The Hunt for the Recorder: coming soon, to theaters near you…

3 Likes