Dark Mirror Helryx

Based on the @NotTheHerald’s awesome Helryx design! I imagined Helryx as an extremely grizzled but incorruptible member of the Resistance. I finished this up to practice for the Hagah contest… not looking forward to drawing six characters like this!

41 Likes

hot dawg

4 Likes

That entry was one of my favourites from that contest, if not my overall favourite.

This art is really good as well. I’d be more than satisfied to see this style in canon artwork.

5 Likes

Amazing! I love the style you’ve got here.

2 Likes

That looks so cool! What did you use to make this?

2 Likes

Thanks so much everyone!
@Potato_Goose It was all done in procreate on an ipad. Welcome to the boards!

2 Likes

Nice, I really like the texture it all has. I mostly use photoshop on PC so I don’t know if the brushes are similar, just wondering if you had any suggestions

1 Like

Hmm, I havent used photoshop, but I have some experience with photopea, which is basically a knockoff the has a lot of the same features. I just used a lot of procreates preset airbrushes for this one; but if you want a similar texture, just add a layer of noise over the drawing. Photoshop should definitely be able to do that. If you’re referring to the dust clouds, I did that with a weird brush whose name I can’t recall that was under the “artistic” tab.

1 Like

People: The contests will reduce creative interpretations of the characters, nobody will care about all the runner-up entries once everything’s over

@Sabretooth: Allow me to introduce myself

5 Likes

Hehe one of the best things about having characters is making alternate takes of them!

5 Likes

Sorry to necro but… :sob: :sob: :sob:

I haven’t logged in in a while, I’m sorry I didn’t see this months ago. You really have skill man, amazing work! I think I’ve found my new phone wallpaper, actually!

Best of luck with the Toa Hagah art contest when that comes around!

2 Likes

Necroposting is fine as long as you use the patented resurrection rhyme.

inb4 winger showing up

Anywho it’s fun to look back at this post and see how your art style has evolved.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, that means a lot!
@N01InParticular haha I still shade like this sometimes, but I’ve definitely been messing around with brushes

1 Like