DC Superheroes Ultrabuilds

That’s why the /s was there; it was all Sarcasm. :stuck_out_tongue:
Breakout was probably HF’s best year, with Brain Attack coming at a close second.

1 Like

Huh, spoiler tag was so well hidden that the joke was on me.

Carry on, my attempt at causing trouble here fell flat.

(also never got any of these sets)

3 Likes

These things are horrible as sets. CCBS was meant for robots, which these characters clearly aren’t. They are licensed sets though, and that almost always means exclusive recolors.

3 Likes

One of the problem about these Ultrabuilds is the price, the excuse of 15$ isn’t because of the head mold and recolors; but the license. They thought they could get away from it by doing the same to Chima and I felt rip-off’ed.
Unfortunately I didn’t buy any Ultrabuild sadly but I will buy the Star Wars eventually.

2 Likes

parts were cool, sets were bleh

7 Likes

I have Green Lantern and two Jokers. I really like them. They were 8.5/10. I wanted Batman, because Batman.

I would too, because he has pieces that are so useful, like the pieces from the knees down especially.

4 Likes

Funny story about these; I actually wanted to use a few of them to make realistic CCBS Toa Mata. This was when they came out(in the thick of Bionicle’s absense) so I had no idea that we would eventually get what I was trying to make!

I bought green lantern, gave him a white Miru, rubbed off his insignia, and gave him an axe to make CCBS Lewa. Did a similar process with Batman for Gali(though I used a black Kaukau).

I almost got Iron Man and made Tahu, but it ended up being just outside my budget for the year.

It’s pretty funny how similar they ended up being to the G2 sets.(in fact, Tahu would’ve ended up being the most similar had I made him)

3 Likes

I got Hulk and Captain America, then tore them apart for parts.

3 Likes

What is with hulk’s silver shoulders? Does he just have really bad dandruff that gets all over his shoulders or what?

4 Likes

I read somewhere (probably on a LEGO Club Magazine) That the Marvel Ultrabuilds were Mechs created by Tony Stark. That doesn’t make it better, but it might explain it.

2 Likes

Lol Tony is too cheap to buy more green paint. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

They just wanted all the sets to have power armor, whether it made sense or not.

2 Likes

I forget them sometimes, but I wish I got them for parts…wait

#WORST YEAR OF HF? I TAKE OFFENCE!

You just saved the world…

but I am still going to kill you.

2 Likes

Is that the world’s best hidden Sarcasm sign? Maybe.

2 Likes

Yes, I saw it.

but it took a while…

I am still going to kill you.

2 Likes

I revamped my Batman with no skeleton cape, better back armor, & I replaced his recolored Breez Breakout weapon with a Batarang made out of those dragon wing pieces that is used on a lot of the LEGO Batmobiles. All of the other Ultrabuilds have been disassembled & filed away in containers. Either that, or their parts are on MOCs.

I agree that Breakout was HF’s best year: recolors, new molds, eighteen sets overall, all nine Heroes, plus some old BIONICLE parts.

3 Likes

I was feeling nostalgic for these guys lately. I never owned any of them, but I had a few scrap parts lying around, so I built a colour-swapped Hal Jordan from the Black Lantern Corps!

3 Likes

That looks Great! :smile:

1 Like

Even with the white HF head? :stuck_out_tongue:

As opposed to this?

2 Likes

It would be amazing if it had a painted GL head, but I guess its placeholder works. :wink:

3 Likes