DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (RP Topic)

“I can do you one better and make that a round twenty.” The editor beams, “I’ll talk to my people about it and then you can start tomorrow: 8 o’clock sharp.”

The kid blinks, “How did I…What?”

1 Like

Runa, after inspecting the building, hopped down near one of the boarded up windows and attempts to pry one of the boards off by hand, using X-Caliber for leverage on the board if he had to.

Still looking for a viable way in, Geosh saw a figure trying to seemingly also break in. Geosh put his armor up in case this was a trap, and walked up behind the individual. “What are you doing?” Geosh queried, trying to go for a friendly, and non-menacing tone.

1 Like

Gideon grinned. “Then I’ll take my leave and see you tomorrow. Pleasure meeting you, sir.”

How. Gideon repeatedly gripped the railing with his now normal-looking skin as he descended the stairs to ensure he wasn’t hallucinating the whole event. HOW. That went PERFECTLY. He was looking for a metahuman, he offered 20 to my 15, medical AND A PARKING SPOT. I just… How.

Iosif sighed.

“How did you…” He leaned in slightly as if that would make any sort of difference in audibility while lowering his voice even further, vaguely resembling a whisper. “…Survive?”

2 Likes

A man in his late fifties wearing shades nods impatiently.

1 Like

Celsius forms a ramp of ice that slopes down from the rooftop, cutting off the thugs.

“Where ya headed? Hope you don’t mind me swinging by.”

Of course.” Lydia nods, before her face begins to rearrange itself like plasticine, moulding itself into the shape of the neckbearded metahuman who had not so long ago gotten his head blown off, “After we get out of Stryker’s, we’ll direct you to mobilize on me. Good luck.” She explained, in a voice identical to his.

The editor eagerly took his hand and shook it, “And to you as well. I’m expecting great things from you Mr Gold. Take care now, I’m sure you know more than anyone these days that these streets aren’t so friendly anymore.”

As Gideon made it back down to ground level again, the receptionist picked up on the spring in his step, “Good interview?”

“Like… getting my powers?” He asked, before shrugging a little lopsidedly, “I’unno, I guess that’s just how metagenes work, right?”

2 Likes

Roswell didn’t seem to process her transformation. He stood up slowly and scratched at the side of his waist.

“After you.” He looked at the guards in the room, subconsciously wishing he could break the handcuffs.

Very.” Gideon forced himself to break out of his flabbergasted trance and acknowledge her comment with a smile. “I’ll be back tomorrow, eight sharp.”

The trip back to the train was uneventful enough that Gideon failed to process most of it, jaywalking at one point without the slightest recognition on his part. He boarded the train and practically fell into the seat.

If something goes wrong now, it’ll be a relief. Gideon mused before remembering he was on an elevated rail system. Okay, not something too drastic.

Iosif sat back with a disappointed look. He doesn’t know… Or even remember. Then how did he…

Glancing down at the table, Iosif picked at the peas with his fork. “Never mind.”

1 Like

Khan stands, rolling the earpiece in one hand as he walks out the door.

Above them the hooded figure moves from her rooftop to the top of the building, seeming to float before her shadow pulls her to the other side. She crouches low, looking for some other rooftop entrance.

Capps follows, stretching his arms and groaning.

They had soon opened the door, filing out and allowing the inmates to follow suit. They would say nothing to any of the inmates as they led them back out of the staff section of the prison.

“Great! Well, seeya then.” He beams with a slight wave.

Fortunately (or maybe unfortunately) for Gideon, nothing particularly interesting happens on the way back to his apartment. Well, nothing outside of the ordinary at this point anyway.

“I got shot, if that’s what you’re asking.” He muttered stiffly, “Intergang. It was like… some kind of atomic something, tears you into tiny little pieces. I-it got my parents, but…” He trailed off, his face trying its best to stay neutral.

“I’m sorry for your loss.” The girl from before says softly.

“I-it’s fine.” He sniffles, staring hard at his plate.

The closest thing is some kind of air-con system, but even then there was no way a person could fit inside.

2 Likes

Roswell returned to his cell and picked at the cot for a moment before looking at the earpieces in his hand.

“I don’t need no stinkin’ hearin’ aids.” He grumbled as he put them in upside-down. “They don’t even fit right.”

Gideon collapsed onto his chair after making sure the door was locked. “I can’t believe it still. Well… Believe it or not, I’ll have to make the best of it.”

The concealed carry license was still good for another three or four months. Gideon threw an unlabeled frozen meal into the microwave and leaned against the sink, unsure of what else to do to prepare.

“Guess I’ll just go there and… Do my best.” He shrugged. “All I’ve ever done.”

Iosif slowly - very slowly - looked back up.

Intergang… Must be a branch I’m unfamiliar with. I didn’t realize it could be carried in a projectile. ‘Tears you into tiny pieces’ is definitely a way to describe it. But…

“Um…” Iosif nervously fiddled with his fork, trying not to make direct eye contact - violent outbursts were not entirely unheard of. “What is… A, u-um…”

“…A Parents?”

1 Like

Runa whipped around, X-Caliber’s blade aimed vaguely where he assumed the neck would have been. He then takes a defensive stance, his facial expression hidden by the mask. “Who are you.” he demands.

Khan returns to his cell, sitting quietly and staring at the wall. A chance to leave this place… at the whims of an egotistic American, yes, but a chance nonetheless.

In lieu of an entrance, she looks for other notable things to break. In the meantime her shadow envelops the air conditioner unit, unscrewing, prying apart, and generally disassembling anything it can.

“Parents. Like, the people who… Well… You don’t know?” The girl sighed, trying to tiptoe around the subject without making the rubbery boy anymore upset. Sure, a lot of the kids here were orphans, but this was a whole new level…

3 Likes

Iosif stared blankly at her.

“I don’t understand. Are there more than one?”

3 Likes

“That depends on your answer to my question, but a friend currently, probably, that is; assuming you aren’t planning on trying to skewer me with that… sword-gauntlet thing.” Geosh said, as he heard a few sort clanking sounds.

Geosh started looking around, “Who else is here?” he called.

The roof is pretty bare otherwise.

Geosh isn’t the only one alerted by all of the racket, as a Snakebite member stomps out of the front door to investigate. “What’s goin on out here?”

“Two, normally… it… well…” The girl sighs, “They look after you, give you a place to live, because they’re… where you come from. And don’t ask me how, that’s for somebody else to explain.”

3 Likes

Iosif tipped his head extremely slightly, his brow crinkled, his mouth partially open, the very epitome of confusion.

“I… Okay.” He tried very hard to return to his food. What do you mean I come from two people? Has this girl never seen- Nevermind. I should stop thinking about this. Are there any outlets in here?

2 Likes

He shakes his head as he walks out, muttering something along the lines of, “Not this crap again” only ‘crap’ wasn’t the word he used.