DC Universe: The New Age of Heroes (RP Topic)

Khan follows dutifully, showing no reaction to the guard’s… personality. He does spare a glance towards Mosh Pit, tutting quietly before ignoring the unruly inmate.

“Arrived fifty-” Iosif grunted before stopping and staring at the opposite wall for a moment. “…Fifty-two hours fourteen minutes ago. If the clocks are correct.”

Iosif watched Tom head out of the room while his legs continued trying to find strength.

“Why was he so…” His tongue pushed against the roof of his mouth as he tried to think of a word to describe what he was trying to express. “Not in intent of harm?”

“Tougher stuff than you, junior.” Gideon rubbed his fingernails against his shirt in a mock act of shining them. “And you, both of you. That drug stuff really gonna pay off? What happens when you hit fifty and can’t even use a wheelchair?”

“Hey, hey. Give them credit,” Gideon retorted, stepping in front of the goon who if he was lucky didn’t crack his hand with that attack. “They sure tried.”

His cocky grin and vicious glare was a challenge. The sun reflected slightly off his golden skin. Here, Gideon couldn’t have felt better. Surely any second now that mook will come charing down the steps and slap me away, and then I’l get up unharmed, and he’ll…

He won’t cower, and he’ll just keep hitting me or throwing me or tie me to a rock and drop me in the river. I probably need to breathe. He sighed. Shoulda ignored this and gone to the interview.

1 Like

“Boredom is prelavent, and do you guys have an answer? um, to being bored that is.” Hayden mumbled, as he had been napping and wasn’t fully awake.

Adelaide frowned, wrenching Lauren’s hand away from her lips. “How could you?! Geez, why can’t I hang around, its a public gathering. I know I probably shouldn’t be here but its fun!”

She turned away, glumly comenting to herself. ‘Ignoring the fact they don’t want me to have human rights…’

The paper girl stood her ground. “I’ll be quiet for the photos. Promise.”

2 Likes

Lauren yanks her hand back. “Okay, okay, just stop making a scene!” she hisses. She can’t help but glance into the crowd; it was only a matter of time before they got Kate’s attention, and that would be a fun conversation.

“Okay, thank you. Just… don’t draw attention to yourself. This isn’t a friendly place for you.” She turns away, trying to focus and take a picture.

2 Likes

Adelaide happily nodded and hovered around Lauren. not literally She did her best to observe the camera. “Oh you’re working? Maybe I shouldn’t have bothered you.”

She shrugged. Who cared about her. It was a happy coincidence.

3 Likes

“What, you got something to say?” Mosh Pit snaps, before getting jostled by one of the guards.

“I said. Shut. Up.”

“Friendly, you mean?” Mark smiles, “Hey, it’s not easy being the new kid, we try our best to make everyone feel welcome here.”

“We’ll be loaded!” The other guy shoots back defensively, “One hit of this stuff and I can do what I want, when I want. I ain’t giving that up!”

“I’m gonna wipe that stupid smirk off your face!” The leader roared, shoulder charging forwards and ramming into Gideon.

“Entertain yourself, kid. That’s not my job.” The guard outside his cell finally replies, sick of listening to him.

1 Like

“Oh, I’m not new.” Iosif stumbled once more before finally - if with some uncertainty - standing. “I’m thirteen. Um, years.”

He looked down at what used to be his lunch. Honestly, they were the only people with food I actually liked eating. Maybe I shouldn’t try leaving at the soonest opportunity?

But still. Memorize outlets.

And here we go.

Gideon was sure glad the first thug wasn’t directly behind him, or he’d be in a bad time. Being invulnerable doesn’t mean being immune to the laws of physics, and the shoulder twice as big as his head rammed into him with a THUNK, sending him flying back, completely eviscerating the truck door mirror and cracking the curb on the other side of the street. I wonder what fracturing your tailbone feels like.

Gideon stood up and dusted himself off, starting to approach again. “Good job, but I think you missed a spot.” He motioned with two fingers to where one side of his mouth was still curled up in a smirk.

1 Like

“The guys who put me here is you. Can’t you be entertaining me, um…or at least tell me ideas… of entertainment that is.” Hayden spluttered as he decided to return to napping.

Meanwhile, Geosh Turnez walked along in suicide slum trying to find someone hiring for a job. The kind Geosh could find tended to be less than reputable, but he tried to avoid the downright illegal or unethical jobs. He just hoped he would be able to find one; the recent popularity of snakebite had made any unrelated jobs very difficult to find. “Because they used to be thrown at you.” Geosh thought sarcastically.
Geosh somewhat wished he could just get a normal job, but being legally dead complicated that. He briefly wished he had reported that he was, in fact, alive, but then he remembered why his brother and him had decided to not report Geosh’s status as not dead.
“I could say goodbye to any secrets whatsoever. Every time I put on deodorant, some crackpot scientists would be trying to get every possible idiotic reading off of me. Where can I not sign up?” Geosh thought.

1 Like

Suicide Slum was particularly barren at the moment - at least, the area he was in. No, there didn’t seem to be anything worthwhile in the immediate area, just an overfilled dumpster poking out of an alley, some broken bottles net to a building, and a newspaper standing on its end immediately next to a storm drain with the pages slowly turning.

1 Like

OOC: are you the new gm? Did I scare off @TheMightyObsidianDude?

IC: Geosh was getting a strange feeling; suicide slum was never this quiet! “Maybe as the homeless residents are going to ambush me.” He thought, though he strongly doubted that.

Lauren sighs, snapping a picture. “Yes, I’m here for work. And if my coworker sees you talking to me…” She frowns, taking another picture.

Khan ignores him, following wherever the guards might lead.

1 Like

Adelaide gasped in a mock horror. “You separate your work life from your social life? Oh geez!” She paused to realize. “Or will they want to bash my head in for being like this.”

1 Like

Lauren stops. “…both.” She moves around the back of the crowd, trying to get a different angle.

1 Like

“Well, let her try. We can just vague say that we met up literally just now. Believable story, right?”

1 Like

“Stinkin’ coppers.”

The noise came from the newspaper. The pages continued to turn, and visibility into the storm drain was blocked by the paper. Also, not far from it, and most assuredly connected to it, was a manhole.

Geosh heard the newspaper talk. “I know they’re always innovating new ways to keep the papers in style, but talking papers, really?” Geosh said as went over to investigate. As he moved the paper, Geosh saw something in the storm drain that had been behind the paper.

It wasn’t a good view, but he could definitely see two glowing spots shining brightly out of the darkness. They were only there for a split second, for they immediately zipped downwards with a sudden growl-yelp noise. There was no trace of anything left behind, but each page of the newspaper had a hole in the corner, in different spots from each other.

The storm drain would be too small to fit down. Looks like the only option was the manhole…

Geosh opened the manhole and got ready to go down and see what was there. He was pretty curious about whatever it was, and if it was dangerous he thought he probably shouldn’t leave it. Geosh activated his armor, just in case, and climbed down into the manhole.

The storm drain’s… Drain wasn’t completely visible, but once he was inside Geosh could hear the tinkling of metal getting more and more distant.