Deadpool Movie hype thread

Well, the movie is out, and I want to go see it. But there is no way in the universe I can convince my parents to take me to an R rated bloody shoot-em-up, so I will sit here quietly and wait for Civil War. :confused:

1 Like

I saw the movie yesterday with my sister, it was fantastic!!! Though it’s not a movie I’d go see with close family. It has quite a bit of sex, nudity, and very creative profanity. It was very funny and almost all the jokes made my sister and I (As well as the audience around us) laugh. ^-^

1 Like

I did see Deadpool and I thought it was good. My only problem was that I felt they may have gone too far with the jokes. Obviously Deadpool isn’t for kids but I’ve never seen him cuss this much or make this many adult jokes. I think when they got the R rating they just decided to go all the way with it not thinking if it would hinder the film in any ways.

But that Stan Lee cameo and those opening credits were beautiful.

When I went to go see it I saw a mom bring her 11 year old son. I really wish I could hear the conversation afterwards.

Edited for Double Post - Slime
Greetings, DrMadd! Be sure to give this topic on Double Posting a read. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

saw it

loved it, exactly what I wanted from Deadpool movie, also the after credits were great

2 Likes

“Your face looks like the topographical map of Utah.”

“Thank you”

best line ever from the trailers

2 Likes

Oh my god. This movie was amazing. Need a ttv talks for it.

For real though. The humor was amazing. The fourth wall breaks were all so great. Everything about this movie was amazing.

3 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed Deadpool as a character (I remember back when it seemed like I was one of the few people who knew about his existence), but this seems like a movie that’s going to have “Toedgy for you” type comedy. I doubt I’ll watch it.

1 Like

Well, it does have some dark humour (Obvs), but it’s (IMHO) balanced out rather well with the 4th wall breaks and emotional/sentimental moments. Not all the humour is “3edgy5me”, in fact, I never really felt like it approached that level at all.

The humour is mostly derived from references, unusual happenings/locations/people, sexual innuendo, the budget, as well as a bit of gore or violence. So if that’s what you don’t like, then you can skip it.

Though for my friends and I, we thoroughly enjoyed it as fans of Deadpool. Even my sister, who had no clue who Deadpool was until the movie came around, really liked it.

@Sydorack That’d be fantastic!!! Though it’d probably have to be an uncensored Vessel exclusive. :joy:

EDIT: Man, I should probably update some of my other topics since I’m no longer lurking/dead on here. XD

3 Likes

I’m fine with dark humor. I just got the impression that sexual innuendos and swearing would be the basis for a good portion of the jokes.

1 Like

Didn’t see the movie, but I’ve been to my theater a few times and I always see a bunch of kids go in. O.0

3 Likes

Man, a lady that was sitting near me brought a toddler into the movie.

Like seriously.

2 Likes

Seriously? Most of the people that saw it when my sister and I went there were around my age or older. O.O I feel so sorry for the kids who’s parents had no clue that Deadpool was going to be like what it was. XD

1 Like

“Have you ever seen 127 Hours? Spoiler alert.”

*proceeds to give the finger and cut off arm *

2 Likes

Working at the theater at the time, Deadpool telling the audience to clean up their garbage at the end was a big help for us.

4 Likes

oh yeah, that reminds me, my friends and I actually picked up other peoples trash, it was fun, thanks Deadpool

3 Likes

Am I the only one who thought the movie wasn’t bloody enough?

inb4 Yes I know about the action scenes that were cut for budget.

1 Like

The more I think about it, Deadpool is kind of like the movie Kick-■■■ but kicked up a few notches.

2 Likes

Eh, I found the gore to be a pleasing amount. It was good, but not overkill like with the recent Evil Dead remake (Loved that one though).

Eh, kinda. Not really too much in common though.

2 Likes