Deadpool Movie hype thread

Well, the Merc with a mouth’s movie has started filming. Discuss the hype! :stuck_out_tongue: I seriously can’t wait for this movie.

5 Likes

It’s rated-R.
I’m happy.

5 Likes

Same here, and the marketing for it so far is just so Deadpool-y. :3

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of deadpool (personally I think he’s overrated), so not too exited for this film.

3 Likes

Growing up with only Disney and Bionicle comics, I’m not familiar with Deadpool. I guess I’ll give it a go once the movie gets released.

2 Likes

Just as a bit of a prerequisite, if you’re not a fan of over-the-top violence & gore, vulgarity, perverted humour and toilet humour, you probably won’t like Deadpool. :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

also he talks to the audience

1 Like

Yeah, that’s honestly one of my favourite bits about Deadpool. ^-^

Edit: Apparently Ryan Reynolds tweeted the names of his katanas, Bea & Arthur. :stuck_out_tongue:

There’s also these photos from the filming:

I still can’t get over how amazing the new costume looks!

4 Likes

Boy do I wish I was that guy.
I look great in tight leather costumes.

7 Likes

I’m not really a “Deadpool fan” but I’ll probably rent it when it’s on DVD (Which I do with all the superhero movies i’m not interested in enough to watch in theaters) (Unless the trailers convince me that I should see it in theaters)

1 Like

http://i.imgur.com/P8O2FvB.jpg

I’m loving this already.

15 Likes

Yeah, the fan art for this movie has been beautiful so far, I really love this’n:

Ugh, I really want to stay away from possible spoilers in the set photos, but I can’t resist looking at them. XD

4 Likes

Deadpool twitter page only following Hello Kitty…seems legit.

11 Likes

To help the hype

2 Likes

he loses it though

1 Like

So recently, I watched the Deadpool trailer. And. I loved. It. So then I watched the “red band” trailer and was horrified. Guys, I don’t want that kind of Deadpool. I don’t want a guy making disgusting jokes and using the F bomb every time someone does something. This is the kind of Deadpool I want:

Does anyone else feel like this?

4 Likes

I’d rather have the Deadpool that goes back in time and overkills Hitler, calling it suicide.

2 Likes

Personally, I think that Deadpool is comedy gold. Most of the humour that I’ve seen in promos for the new movie (and earlier material) is brilliant. That being said, the Deadpool movie is rated R for a reason. The sex, cursing, and violence are part of the Merc with a Mouth’s appeal, whether we like it or not.

7 Likes

Honestly, I don’t think that’s all this movie will be. Sure it’ll have the sex, violence, swearing, and morbid humour. But remember, Ryan Reynolds wanted to make sure that this was an accurate portrayal of the Deadpool character; This would include the duality of his personality. I’m sure we’ll have the sentimental and thought provoking moments sandwiched between humour and witty banter. Just my thoughts though. Anyway, if you’ll excuse me, I’m off to doodle and stuff.

7 Likes

Yeah I agree, and this movie already has a difference in his origin story

SPOILERS for the comic and possibly the movie:

Well basically in the movie he’s trying to help his girlfriend, but in the comics she left him and I think killed herself, but this seems to be more towards her actually being apart of Wade’s life, and I actually like it better if it goes this route.

1 Like