Death Mech and Rescue: Good vs. Evil

After my recent encounter with failure, I decided to make some new MOCs. I think I added confidence in my breakfast and tried making something new. It is simple, but I hope you like them. Death Mech, a robo-mercenary, is causing devastation so the Ishtar council has ordered Zenara Miil, aka Rescue, to stop him.

Death Mech, Front

Back

Alt. Mode Axe hand

Alt. Mode Blaster

Rescue, Front

Back

With weapon in storage

Something is wrong with my camera, I apologize for the weird twists near the bottom of each photo.

Thanks.

9 Likes

The proportions and color scheme are a bit weird, and the head leaves a bit to be desired. They’re not too bad, but it could use some improvements.

Which one are you referring to? Both?

1 Like

Yeah, but particularly rescue.

It’s alright I suppose. But if it’s a mech, where does the pilot go?

They are not actual mechs, mech can also be a robot. They are robotic warriors.

@Ultimate_TChalla, rescue’s colour scheme is supposed to be “odd” with the red and blue blend.

A mech is a piloted machine. A robot is typically a machine that runs without an integrated pilot.

2 Likes

Yes, but Death Robot doesn’t sound good, that just sounds dumb.

I usually just come up with codenames and identification numbers.

1 Like

That works, that is technically what I did. Death Mech’s real name is Ar’ derahl.

1 Like

These are pretty cool. Simple, but cool. Great job man! Keep up the good work!

Also I rather like Rescue’s color scheme. It goes well with the name.

1 Like

Also, I feel like the heads sort of lack character. Especially for death. It doesn’t look threatening.

The heads are supposed to be simple, and non-charismatic/characteristic.

Ok so first I’ll judge the Death “Mech”

This one looks really odd, the colors aren’t too bad, but the build seems cluttered, the legs are a mess, the area near the ankle is super skinny comoared to the rest of the leg. Also what is that thing on it’s torso sticking to the side? It looks unnecesary and out of place. And that tail thingy looks odd, it’s too far up to look like a tail and looks like an unnecesary extra limb.

Moving on to the Rescue “Mech”

This one suffers from the same exact same issues as the last one, the except that this one doesn’t have the weird tail from the other one.

Overall I’d say these are 4-5/10. The legs need lot of work and the torso armor is awkward.

4 Likes

Yes, but it really detracts. They just don’t fit with the rest of the MOCs.

The blades on the chest represent good or evil. “If your heart blade points to the right, you shall cause the flame of fright. If your heart blade points to the left, you help and care for the rest.” The tail on death mech is supposed to be up high, but it can be fixed to look better or removed. Also, @blu, I will take the advice for the legs.

1 Like

Whike the backstory seems interesting in concept this one of the cases where “Story doesn’t excuse flaws”

The concept isn’t bad, but the way you executrd it looks off, specially with those tiny tiny blades on that torso, I suggest just switching the torso armor for something else and figure out another way to keep the “heart blades” but right now they just look off.

2 Likes

I fixed Death Mech. Is this better @blu?

The tail is lower too.

I think it’s slightly better, but the bohrok eye really doesn’t help on the lower legs, I still find it too skinny in proportions with everything else. And the tail still looks weird.

Not as awkward as before but still a bit odd.

Okay, thanks, could you possibly rate it from what you past said?