Decoding the Mask of Creation/Control

Alright so I just saw the new alphabet release, and decided to find out what is on both of these masks…

And… wow is it giving me a run down. I’m running into symbols that ‘dont’ exists, and oddly enough some of these can be read upside down easily… Anyone wana take a crack at it as well?

Also, if this isn’t official… just tell me i’m and idiot then XD

1 Like

I don’t know if the printings wrong, but most of these characters don’t match the mask of creation, but I always wondered what it said :smile:

1 Like

Well… so far… The outer horns either say CH??A?I?U or H[ICA!|U]

The middle horn says H[?ICAN|U?H[?I or I?]UCH|?RA?I?]U

The forehead says I?]N or HC?I

and the cheek says ACV or VCA…

So I mean… its either a code… or i’m LITTERALLY reading too much into it. I can identify three symbols that appear more than once on both masks that don’t appear in the above picture.

4 Likes

I think this alphabet is fan made

2 Likes

I think someone did this on the 2015 topic, and it only made gibberish. not sure about the mask of control, but it’s probably the same case

2 Likes

The actual alphabet is in the novels and in the graphic novel.

2 Likes

Ah I see. Very helpful. I guess i’m just an idiot XD.

2 Likes

It doesn’t fit as well for what’s on these masks, though.

2 Likes

I had a look at this a while back and it seems that all the runes on the MoCr and in the animations are actually the same short strip, just copied and pasted in various ways to make “generic runes”.

3 Likes

There is a pattern. It is flipped on the right crown on the MofCr, and as I have seen it, on the left cheek, the right side of the forehead and on the left horn again. It is a repeating pattern, so I think there is no actual decoding, just some ancient caaaaaaarr waaaaitasecond… “His mask was the most ornate anyone had ever seen – more than just a Kanohi, it was a true work of art. The metallic protodermis from which it was forged was arranged in intricate patterns and designs, each reflecting one of the many cultures that flourished in the universe. The eye slits were angular and pointed, giving him an air of both wisdom and a vague sense of menace.”

4 Likes