Defectors from the Nothingness (Canon Contest #3: Honour Guard)

Well, looks like I’m so late to the party it’s almost over. In my defence, I’ve been really busy with IRL stuff, and I wasn’t sure whether or not to sit this one out as I’ve had mixed feelings about this particular contest. Since I’ve already got all of them made, I thought I’d enter the contest anyway. So without further ado, here are my entries for the Toa Hagah

Gaaki

Bomonga
I know this one’s gonna be controversial, but I’m gonna enter it anyway. Who knows, some people might actually like green on a Toa of Earth.

Pouks
If anyone’s noticed, I’ve given him Nikila’s mask, since I figured she’d fit the definition of a “past hero” (and also because the original mask of emulation was off-limits).

Kualus

Consent to Change:
I give consent to change the masks and the spear tips, but not the armour colours.

Credits:
Gaaki and Pouks masks by KhingK
Bomonga and Kualus masks by Galva
Custom parts compiled by VootCaboot
Biopack by SwampKryakwa & Lehvak Nuva
Colorpack by SwampKryakwa
Backgrounds compiled by Vahkiti

Studio Files:
Link

If there’s anything else I need to add, let me know.

17 Likes

At least green Bomonga will stand out.

2 Likes

Like me. I want unique colours for all of them, and this is the first person I’ve seen (besides myself) to use metallic green. I can say right now that this Bomonga will be getting my vote.

2 Likes

The white armor in Gaaki, what lego color correspond?

I’m not sure if Studio entries require a size comparison photo, but you could add one just to be sure.

1 Like

I think it’s supposed to be pearl white, which is the color featured on Kurahk (The white rahkshi)

1 Like

Pearl Very Light Gray, so not quite Kurahk’s colour, but the one used for Kohrak-Kal’s Krana.

Yeah I should probably do that.

2 Likes

I really really like the green Bomonga…

…as a stand-alone MOC. Unfortunately I won’t be able to vote for it personally, as there’s a fair chance that all the other winning Hagah will have more standard colours, and this one could look very out of place alongside them (same may well go for some of the others too).

My usual advice is to allow consent to change colours, but given how unique your Bomonga is, that’s not really in the spirit of your design. If people vote for it, it’ll be because they like the green, and that shouldn’t be messed with.

3 Likes

Here’s my last-minute height comparison renders. The others are the exact same height as Iruini, with the exception of Pouks who is a little shorter.

I did choose not to give consent to change the colours. The masks and spear tips are fair game, but if the people want Green Bomonga they want Green Bomonga!

I wonder if anyone will make a last-minute…

Bluemonga

Seriously tho that would be really cool

@Avaru Also you might want to crop the bottom of the Bomonga and Pouks cover images a little so they don’t look like they’re using a Miru

Probably.