Demon Warrior recreation

In 2016, after the cancelation of Bionicle gen 2, Lego offers us an art book repertoring every concept art they have created for this reboot:

Many of these pictures make us drool, but one of them in particular brought my attention: The Demon Warrior

I found him really well done, and the fact that it would never exist as a set was a huge disapointement. Such vilain would have been perfect for the third year if the story took place in the shadow realm.

So I tried to recreate him in stud.io, and here is the result:

Demon Warrior

Link to read the art book: https://biosector01.com/images/artofbionicle.pdf

Link for the custom parts and my stud.io pack:

Bionicle Demon Warrior's Mask by Scmdex - Thingiverse
Bionicle Demon Warrior Shield/Weapon by Scmdex - Thingiverse
Bionicle Demon Warrior Sword by Scmdex - Thingiverse
Scmdex Pack - Google Drive

I hope you will appreciate this model. Every constructive suggestions to enhance it are welcome.

27 Likes

Demon Warrior is one of the best concept art designs, this is basically a perfect recreation of the art. However i do feel that, were this a real set, the weapons would have more of that weird crystal detail that the later G2 sets had.

5 Likes

that actually looks really great
ahh the missed potential of g2

5 Likes

Nice recreation. Very nice. Love the custom parts, feel the shield needs to be a bit more curved but overall pretty nice.

3 Likes

This is a really accurate recreation, with the exception of the eyes; I definitely think he should have a purple eyestalk.

4 Likes

You know hthe maker is making a mask

3 Likes

Looks pretty accurate! I really like the color scheme, the bright neon green and purple combined with the darker black is quite cool looking. The weapons are good too, overall a very nice moc

3 Likes

I know, because I’m the maker of these pieces. At the begining, I didn’t planned to do a mask, because it wasn’t clear if the character had a custom head or a mask, but due to your suggestion on thingiverse, I started creating something. I don’t know how long it will take to finish it, because I’m more a weapon modeller than a mask one, but I’ll try my best.

3 Likes

Update: As promised, I did a mask for him, and here is the result

All links and my stud.io pack have been updated.

7 Likes

looks pretty cool!

3 Likes

That mask is pretty accurate to the artwork as well; I personally would have just stayed with the bare skull, but this definitely adds to the character and is probably more realistic to what Lego would have done if they actually made this character into a set.

4 Likes

Looks cool :slight_smile: Might be having a go at this character my self with your parts too :slight_smile: Did you consider what I said with the shield at all? It looks like it should be a bit curved and a bit of detail or texture would be really nice too.
Not essential but just my own opinion :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Yes I did. The new version has been posted on thingiverse. I’ll update my pack soon.

Concerning the texturation, my goal was at first a strict representation of the art, so I didn’t imagined my own texturation. But I’ll try something.

2 Likes

That would be awesome. I love your parts So look foreword to all of them.

3 Likes

Update done. Here is the result

6 Likes

Oww now that looks awesome :smiley: Have you added it to the pack yet? Cus I’d love to start this right now haha

4 Likes

Whoa! That Kraakhan detail looks epic! Great work on this model.

3 Likes

Yes, already done. If you want, I can add the purple and the black part separately to allow easier coloration.

2 Likes

That would be much appreciated. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Yo that looks really cool! Love the detail.

3 Likes