Devcon (Bayverse version)

“I’ll hold that bridge…” – Devcon

Ever felt the ridiculous urge to bring a quadruped gunslinger armed with a fusion beam rifle to a battlefield just to get him a new vehicle mode? There may be dumber ideas, but then, Devcon hasn’t been known for just getting his alt-modes the easy way. And an alien siege walker on Earth was just what he needed to get back in the game, and back to his mercenary ways. Just a quick scan, and he could leave that pesky green-armored human to blow the original machine into atoms.

Well, sometimes it pays to sign on with Lockdown. Even better when Hound’s the paymaster for your latest job. After all, why wouldn’t you go blast some monsters for fun and money?

(Based on this concept art)

I had the idea recently to redesign Devcon from Dark of the Moon as a Scarab walker from Halo, since he has a very similar design. Admittedly, the Bayverse style doesn’t always result in recognizable vehicle modes, especially when the vehicle itself doesn’t have many features apart from the legs and main cannon. But at least I finally got this idea on paper so I can stop thinking about it for a while.

6 Likes