Did Anyone Else Like Hero Factory?

I want to know if anyone else actually liked hero factory? I only got a few sets but the ones I did get I liked.

17 Likes

The story? Meh. The sets? Great.

16 Likes

It had potential, it was cool-ish, but no… :frowning:

I do like the system though. :smiley:

9 Likes

Yeah I meant the sets. @Kretta I like the system too.

1 Like

The sets were cool. I only bought a few (Stormer 1.0, Surge 2.0, Stormer Brain Attack edition, and Dragon Bolt). I tried to get into the story, I honestly did. I was watching the shows, reading the comics… but it didn’t suck me in. I couldn’t stay interested for long.

Basically, great sets, not so great story, will be a little bit sad to see it go, but it is worth it to get Bionicle back.

7 Likes

It was ok. Nothing really that special.

3 Likes

Hero Factory was AWESOME.

Loved the sets, loved the story. The fact that you truly BUILT the heroes was a unique concept I’m sure many younger children loved.

My favorite series was probably Breakout. My favorite Hero is Furno, and my favorite villain was probably either Core Hunter or Drilldozer.

It’s a shame it’s being discontinued ;-; If both Bionicle and HF co-existed (kinda like Chima and Ninjago), I would’ve been more happy than I am now.

11 Likes

The sets were okay, but lacked creativity for the most part.

2 Likes

The only time I considered getting Hero Factory was during the Breakout era. But once that ended, it was back to being meh.

3 Likes

It’s cool to make things kill the heroes in fanfics, the system was coolish, yeah that’s about it.

2 Likes

It was fine, though I didn’t get many of the sets due to my lack of interest in the story.

But it prepared me for Bionicle’s return!

1 Like

Exactly what @LoganDub said. The sets are cool. The storyline is…RUBBISHHHHHHH.

6 Likes

I liked the sets up until brain attack (except for Furno 2.0 with his goggles) I actually really liked the story for the first year, 2.0 story was meh, 3.0 story was alright, breakout was better (but still not up to the quality of the first year), and once again with brain attack came the end of HF being good.

2 Likes

What really annoys me is the fact that it had so much potential. If TLG had treated things a different way (like the story or the complexity of the sets) I bet HF would have been much more popular.

5 Likes

Hero Factory was great at the start, Rise of the Rookie was great and had a good story then 2.0 with the new build and part but the story they was doing didn’t continued until breakout and that was the last time we hear from the main story with Von Nebula. Those other episodes was mostly just a “BUY OUR TOYS” episodes.

Also with BA and IFB hardly had any new parts and mostly just had new chest armor, helmet and weapons and maybe just maybe one new add-on armor.

4 Likes

I am a big fan of Hero Factory (my self moc is even part of HF), I love the sets, I love the concept of building a hero from scratch and oh it is wonderful. Now you may say the story is bad, but I’ve read some of the books (by greg farshtey) and they’re really cool! Not childish at all.

Favourite sets are probably; Evo 2.0, Nitroblast, Rotor, BA Surge and Stormer XL

3 Likes

I actually quite enjoyed Hero Factory. I like the show, mostly because of voice acting (even if it wasn’t that great, the fact that there were different accents was enough for me) and the CGI. The sets were pretty cool, and easy to modify or combine (excusing 1.0). I have no regrets about spending over $100 on HF.

4 Likes

Some sets…

1 Like

The sets were okay, the story was meh. What I really got out of it was the universe and how it was so easy to create fanfiction.

6 Likes

Truthfully I only really liked the Breakout Heroes so I wish I collected more than 1. Usually for Hero Factory I just picked up 1 for each new thing that came out. (Ex. of thing: 3.0, Breakout, Brain Attack, Etc.)

2 Likes