Digimon vs. Pokemon

Please, Big bad beetleborgs rekt them all.
/s

2 Likes

Di-gi-mon! Digital Monsters!

Personally though, I haven’t seen much of Digimon, and I’m more familiar with Pokemon. YuGiOh was more my style, though. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Can’t believe many people haven’t seen Tamers.

1 Like

I never thought of Digimon as a Pokemon ripoff, mainly cause I only watched the season were the characters were the Digimon or morphed into them or some crap.
Then I believe I got the movie on VHS (or something Digimon Adventure related, it had that flamboyant vampire demon guy) and still didn’t believe it was a Pokemon ripoff simply because they could talk.

Still prefer Pokemon though.

1 Like

You guys know what? I made a massive comparison meme on memecenter about the differences between these two franchises. if you guys want to go see it, my Meme center account is BlackIronAlchemist. Don’t worry, I made that meme recently so you should be able to find it easily.

On a ending note: I love both franchises equally and I wish there was a Pokemon/Digimon crossover game.

1 Like

I have a question for any digimon fans. How have the video games been recently? Also, how’s that card game nowadays?

1 Like

I know the Animes are sorta abysmal at this day and age, and only pokemon has had ok games at this point

Pokemon has a great competitive video game and card game. the concept for the games is so strong since the start they really haven’t changed anything which is why G1ers are stupid. also they finally got the card game in a really good competitive spot as there aren’t that many cards that seem good but are terrible which means they’re actually putting thought into the cards they make.

This should end the debate.

1 Like

It doesn’t really…

That is just a 1v1 battle between 1 pokemon and 1 digimon.

It has nothing to do with the quality of the franchises.

3 Likes

I still like Pokémon better anyways.

1 Like

I still prefer Pokemon

But in terms of anime I prefer Digimon simply cause it’s like EVIL DEMON THING IS GONNA EXPLODE THE UNIVERSE TO DEATH and you gotta help us while Pokemon’s is like “I’m gonna challenge the champion and fail!”

1 Like

That video was awesome and hilarious. Oh my gosh, that ending.

Now then, off to rewatch Digimon season 1.

All I’ve read in this topic is the title, and I’m already gonna say, Digimon 1000%!

well i mean

when was the last time that anyone was talking about digimon?

i rest my case

2 Likes

Well recently actually cause of the new anime…
Better question is when was the last time a divining game got the same hype as Pokémon.

Well if you look at Twitter and search Digimon a lot of people are talking about it, because of the movie coming out dubbed in theaters today. Plus you will find people talking about Digimon tri confession, since that comes out in a few days. If you search Pokemon you’re going to find a lot of people hating Ash’s new design and saying they’re done with Pokemon.

Both are good anime, but i have to say the digimon world games have given me more entertainment than the pokemon games have in a long time XD

Oh. I was actually unaware of this anime’s existence.

buried under the massive amounts of hype for Sun/Moon

But yeah, while I never got into Digimon (anime or games), I always thought the concepts behind it were interesting and definitely different than Pokemon.