[Digital Render] RED Scout (Team Fortress 2)

[Render] Red Scout (Team Fortress 2) by Artemiy Karpinskiy, on Flickr

Grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother? … I hurt people.
Scout to the camera — Meet the Scout

This is what I call a “Brick Figurine”: a scale of action-esque brick-built figure I discovered to be quite comfortable to model in. More’s to come.

37 Likes

I don’t really like how he looks, the proportions are off and it doesn’t really remind me of Scout. 6/10

My reaction:

5 Likes

The head could be bigger and the lower part of the leg is a bit thick.

1 Like

That’s what I call a constructive feedback!
The head is the main detail of the whole brick figurine style. I guess I should’ve made the rest of the body slightly smaller, and made the legs thinner, but it’s a touch too late. I rarely return to redesign something I already committed to a render. =) But I am learning!

1 Like

This makes little to no sense to me. I don’t play TF2, but I’ve seen Scout enough to know this looks practically spot-on.

I think the head is a smidgen on the small side, personally, but this is quite a great interpretation of the Scout. How well articulated would you say it is?

I’d love to see you tackle some Overwatch characters.

Thanks! =)

I can’t really tell since it’s a digital model, but he’s got ball joints in his knees and shoulders, and his elbows are on hinges that allow more than 90 degrees of motion. So some amount of articulation is certainly there.
the hip and shoulder joints are pretty limited tho, but they do their job.

Maybe one day I will be in the mood to tackle someone, we’ll see.

If he didn’t put the TF2 logo on the background, and call it something else, I would only think he looks a little like Scout. It just looks like a guy with a red ■■■■■ to me.

You are just never happy, ain’t you? Uxar and Ketar MOCs do not “follow the theme”, the Scout is “out of proportion”. =\

Can’t say I haven’t noticed this trend as well, @DannyBoyy.

1 Like

I mean, I don’t want to start a discourse here, and I don’t like to call people out: your opinion is your opinion… but God help me, you are one nitpicky person @DannyBoyy.

1 Like

@Eljay What is that supposed to mean? I just gave my opinion, I don’t hate @TheMugbearer if that’s what you’re saying.

this-

the shaping in the legs could be a smidge better.

try bulking out the thigh a bit?

Maybe. Honestly, the legs are thick more out of necessity than anything else. But maybe, just maybe, I’ll return to it and see what I can do. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

extremly well done! your digital mocs are fantastic, I do feel the pelvis area looks a bit stiff, but eh, its Lego.
great work as usual!

1 Like

Thanks a lot. <3

1 Like

As the others have said, the head looks a bit small. I also think that the open stud connection points at the elbows look a bit awkward, but that being said this is still amazing.

1 Like