Din, Turaga of Sonics

Din 1-jpg

So a few of you were asking about my older mocs. As I’ve said many a time in the past, most of my mocs were posted on MOCPages, and with its untimely disappearance, so did all my images I posted. Well, it just so happens that a very dusty computer I had back in the day had quite a few images leftover.

Din 2-jpg

Din was the first Turaga I had ever made back in 2010 if my memory serves me. His significance in my story was to be one of a few Turaga that governed more than just their element’s Matoran Villagers. Back then there was no mystery massacre, no Toa M’Kuu, and very little past to Yerma-Magna. His build was more of testing new waters than story purposes.

Din 3

That being said, I made his temperament closer to a more grumpy Vakama so I could sneak a few pics of him bullying his three Toa students, Sanus, Onus, and especially Coactivus.

There were a few other older MOCs I found on the other computer but I think I’ll save those for a rainy day.

21 Likes

oooo very cool - i like the lag and arm builds!

3 Likes

Y’know for just using up to 2010 era pieces this moc looks pretty good. Nice job

Group picture?

2 Likes

Lol! I actually just got back from a vacation in Italy so not yet!

3 Likes

that sounds nice. How was it?

1 Like

Big long trip, multiple regions, entirely too much good food!

3 Likes

very neat. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Cool build!

2 Likes

nice turaga build

2 Likes

did you happen to know that “Din” was related to sound at the time?

He’s an alright Turaga build; not a fan of the color scheme but it is accurate to De-Matoran.

2 Likes

Actually I did know that the word din is related to sound back in 2010. I also tried my best to emulate the same Kanohi Mask and color scheme I had used back in the day when I built Toa Din for the sake of continuity. If it was up to me, I would not have given him a Ruru as his Kanohi Mask. Din was the last Toa I built for that project because of this. OG Great Ruru is a… unique model.

3 Likes