dipping my toe: a proposition

HEY THERE

HOW HAVE YOU BEEN?

oh, like that. huh.

well, today I come to you with a question.

WHO WOULD LIKE TO BUY MODDED MASKS?

yes, I am thinking of starting to sell custom painted and integrated masks for bionicle characters.

But I need to know if you would by them first.

the picture attached to this post shows three of my works. on the left there is my most simple, a repainted kanohi ignika that I brought from shape ways. next to that is a bulk mask mod, with the front portion removed and a custom painted glatorian head. finally, is a poorly painted, but well integrated, pakari/akaku phantoka combination. this is what I can do, as a rule (and yes, as I said, the paint on the last mask is poor, but it was more of an integration practice for me and not a real piece.)

so if that’s what I am offering, what would the price be?

The thing is, the price of an individual mask would vary.

Each mask has a flat “time” cost of £5.00, with an expences charge (packaging, brushes, primer paint, etc) of £1.92. on top of that comes the price of a mask (as listed on bricklink) which can vary from about £0.01 to £14.46 (for my estimations I used the pakari Mata). Assuming an integration (as, lets be honest, you could by a straight re-paint for about half of what would be my asking price from someone like ven from TTV), that’s 2 masks. Further more, I may need to buy a specific colour of paint, so that is £1.00/£2.00 pounds extra

All this means, for you folks playing along at home, a mask would cost somewhere between ÂŁ6.94 (or $8.69) and ÂŁ38.84 (or $48.64)

Now, I must stress that these prices are estimates. While the cheapest is the VERY cheapest that it would ever cost, the higher price may well be exceeded, although in most cases this is highly unlikely.

So, if you could probably get something similar for much cheaper, why would you ever want to buy from yours truly?

International shipping.

At current, TTV’s ven only offers painted masks (not integrations like I would) and also only ships within the US. I, however would ship internationally. Shipping to the US costs around £6.00 and shipping to places in Europe would probably be a bit cheaper.

Please, don’t forget to give feedback on this. I really want to do this but I need to know that there are people willing to buy. Also, would you pay what I am suggesting for them.

Just a reminder: this is 1: just me dipping my toe, trying to gage whether anyone would be interested, and 2: NOT ME TRYING TO COMPETE WITH SOMEONE INFINATLY BETTER KNOWN THAN ME. I realise that ven started doing something similar not to long ago, but those are repaints only, and I am offereing full blown mods, so this isnt me trying to compete directly. just similar ideas.

A few notes:

1. a refund policy would be inplace, however the commissioner must have 1: received the mask, 2: sent the mask back and 3: have it arrive for the refund to be given
  2. Pictures would be provided of every step of the making process. Furthermore, if the commissioner would like, a mod video would be made for public viewing on my YouTube channel (quartz roolz: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-ebYiwQIvyuq0NjmVJgD_g)
5 Likes

Where will you dip your toe though or is this false advertising and a joke topic? :imp:

2 Likes

cant tell whether your joking or not.

this is not a joke topic. “dipping my toe” is a figure of speach, meaning I am trying to get a feel for wheather people would be interested in buying my wares.

1 Like

into the mask painting buisness.

from the looks of this, no.

2 Likes

3muchheresy5me. No thanks. I can’t condone this method of frankenmask making.

1 Like

can you dip your toe in something if I buy a mask?

actually, its technically mask modding. if you wanted something painted, please, by all means buy it else where. my prices are far too jacked for that.

1 Like

Apologies for misinterpreting.

…wat

it’s almost as if he’s trying to profit off of his work of cutting, re-integrating, and painting masks!

the fiend! /s

1 Like

But like, almost 50 bucks? Isn’t that a little overpriced?

cost breakdown, sir.

the 50$ would be more for a rare mask.

1 Like