Discussing colorblindness

I’ve always known grass is green.

as explained ^here^, colorblindness isnt usually a single color, rather several near each other

1 Like

aw man that joke doesn’t work
off to find more colorblind people to use that one on
(the grass thing was a failed attempt at a joke)

I know my Granddad is severely colourblind but no one else in the family is as far as I’m aware. I’m wondering is it an age triggered thing sometimes?

not that I know, though I’ve gotten a bit worse over the years (but Im also not a fully developed human yet)

The person who invited stoplights be like: LET’S MAKE THE COLORS THE ONLY TWO COLORS COLOR BLIND PEOPLE CAN’T SEEEEE!

1 Like

there are more kinds of colorblindness than red-green, but whatever countries use blue instead of green are fantastic

2 Likes

i get the feeling

you can tell by their positioning

so like when did you find out? i know some people don’t find out until their teens.

I (or my family) has known basically forever. we found out about one of my younger cousins when he was three ish, so its found fairly early I think

1 Like

I have a friend who has achromatopsia (greyscale vision). We met at a job where one of the training activities involved making a color from a word. That was a very different learning experience for me and him than it was for everyone else.

4 Likes

What’s it like if you don’t mind me asking

I sometimes grab metru blue instead of metru green

although it’s probably because I am often building in low light for some reason

2 Likes

In his words: “You see black, white, and fifty shades of grey.”
In my words: “Hey Hawkflight! Is this toothbrush case blue?”

4 Likes

thats really cool!