Discussion: Articulation points in G1 Bionicle figures

@Pakari 2016 waist is the best, totally agree. And I also agree that 3d-printed hands (at least those I’ve seen) are not ideal, and in many cases - pretty awkward (though I still like them). But I think there is a way to make a good hand, only thing needed - 3d-printed finger…

Lookiing in the poll, I see that many people voted for neck option, but I haven’t seen anybody say something on the matter. Though, I personnaly think that 1 piont of ariculation for head is good enough. Also, a little clarification (just in case) - by neck I mean this kind of connection:
image image
So any thoughts about necks what they are needed for?

2 Likes

I have made neck articulation on a moc, but it’s more to bring the head further out, rather than add articulation.

2 Likes

Do many Bionicle characters even have toes? I know that some species do, such as the Skakdi, but I don’t think it’s a very standard thing. I’m pretty sure that a Toa’s foot is actually shaped like that.

They may have a joint in their foot, as others have said, but I don’t think they would have individual toes.

(Exception being the Spherus Magnans, since they are wearing armour over their “true” feet. Given their status as “mammalian”, it seems likely that they would have toes, if anyone wanted to make a MOC of a Spherus Magnan without their boots.)

1 Like

Yes most of MU inhabitants don’t have tores, I just couldn’t think of a better term. It is more like our standard boots bend, the front part of them moves up and down. Actually, I finally found a good example of usage of such an articulation point (Onewa’s leg from the movie):

1 Like