Dive/Whirl

Slizer Designation - Dive
Throwbot Designation - Whirl
Biome - Deep Sea Floor
Equipment List - SONAR Sensors
Dual Diamond Tip Drills Bits
Omnidirectional Propellers
Standard Energy Disk Arm

Heavy Undersea Slizer/Throwbot Platform designed for underwater excavations.

More Photos:
Flickr
Bricksafe Gallery
Brickshelf Gallery

Happy Throwvember, though this guy was finished a couple months earlier. Was inspired by MSEP’s really cool Slizer revamps and had to try doing one myself. This build was also an exercise in using non socket joints, something I’m trying to get better at.

Constructive criticism welcome!

28 Likes

You definitely nailed the Throwbot/Slizer look; I knew what this was supposed to be before I read anything. The throwing arm is really well-executed in particular.

The build as a whole just looks really solid, too. It all flows together really well while still looking blocky/mechanical.

Finally, I appreciate the reuse of an official Lego sticker for the visor; I don’t see that very often.

6 Likes

Can’t add too much to what @TheJerminator said, but this really is a great build! Like how seamlessly you melded Slizer elements with more contemporary pieces, especially around his head.

3 Likes

Ah I really like this Slizer moc! You don’t see too many of these nowadays and the style is spot-on. The design, shaping, and color scheme are all nicely done, great job!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the detailed comment, really appreciate it! It being instantly recognizable is big praise and I am thrilled that a lot of people like the interpretation of the throwing arm. Smooth but blocky was what I was going for so I’m glad that’s evident, a friend of mine gave some good advice on the color blocking that I think really helped with that part of the aesthetic. Glad you like the sticker use!

Glad you like it! The head was super fun to build, and I feel like keeping the original head as a part of it helps a ton in making it recognizable.

Thanks!

3 Likes