Do MU inhabitants have fingers?

but seriously, riddle me this:

why the actual heck does it matter?

5 Likes

because it’s a paradox. Greg says they both don’t have fingers and yet know what fingers are and how to snap them. at least one entity in the MU has fingers.

also because the idea that all evidence of them having fingers like their creators and any sane person making a race of cyborgs would do being thrown out the window because Greg thought it would be cool if they were all fingerless five years after Bionicle ended and refused to accept evidence to the contrary is a bit contrived.

also also because I want to be able to sleep at night.

2 Likes

why do you think about this at night

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure “no fingers” was a Bob Thompson story bible specification, and he wanted to stick to those no matter how illogical.

1 Like

Just moving this over from another topic:

I meant to clear this up in the original finger discussion but forgot.

There aren’t two different universes; Greg has said before that every rendition of the characters, be it sets, movies, novels, etc. is just an “artistic representation” of their “true” appearances, which we can never truly see.

The book forms and set forms aren’t alternate universe representations of each other, they are just different “approximations” of the character’s one “true” form.

3 Likes

Oh wow, this is still going?

Exactly. Why would they know what fingers are if no one had them? If fingers didn’t exist in the MU, there wouldn’t even be a word for them. Somewhere, someone in the MU has fingers.

Hot take: Brakas Monkeys are the only type of being in the MU to have fingers. They need them to climb trees, and that’s how everyone knows what they are. It’s like a human talking about another human who looks happy, saying “he’s practically wagging his tail!”

Actually Brakas don’t even have hands

Have you ever tried Karzahni Fried Catapult Scorpion?

It’s finger-licking good.

6 Likes

do YOU see any hands on this monkey?

4 Likes

All I see is pixels

1 Like

Yes, they’re just balled up into a fist at the moment. :stuck_out_tongue:

9 Likes

I think they have fingers.

5 Likes

What if the mata hands is just an example of Toa being able to fold their fingers inside their hands for storage.

2 Likes

do mu inhabitants have toes?

4 Likes

They must have fingers because if they just have magnetic plates for hands, the matoran must either have extreme elemental powers or a ton of attachments just for accomplishing simple tasks. Plus, you can’t have many weapons like swords or bows on characters who have no fingers. If they went up against someone like Makuta, who has fingers, they would lose, because they would have only basic control over where they would hit an enemy or block attacks with their weapon. This would make it very hard for Matoran or non-Toa characters to fight at all, which would ruin the entire plot of Bionicle.

8 Likes

Just have multiple magnets in the hand, with control over each.

2 Likes

Crazy idea: Their hands are magnetic and they have fingers which can be added/removed because those are also magnetic. The reason why they don’t all have these is because they’re expensive products made on Xia or something

8 Likes

They’re luxury products :rofl:

8 Likes

Fingers are a rare commodity, most Matoran don’t have them on hand.

15 Likes