Do You Buy Multiple of the Same Sets?

Me? I’m not rich. If I could have one wish, I’d wish for one of every bionicle set. Only one. Why do people buy more than one of the same set? Do you?

3 Likes

I got a second copy of Furno XL, because I’m a sucker for capes.

3 Likes

I do when they’re on sale because I’m a MOCist and like to keep my sets together.

4 Likes

I bought two of the Jango ultrabuild, one so I could have the set, and one so I could have the parts.

I have two of the '15 Pohatu set, one I bought, and one I won in a raffle, I entered the raffle knowing I already had the set because I figured it couldn’t hurt.

I plan on buying a second Greivous ultrabuild, because the one I have is signed, and it would likely be a better idea to keep that unopened.

3 Likes

To be honest, I usually only buy sets once (except for ones from my younger days I no longer have and want back) but I was thinking about buying some of the smaller/polybag sets repeatedly, so I can sell them in the future. Those will be worth a lot, right?

2 Likes

I’ve also bought several parts lots from either Ebay or garage sales, so I have multiples of many sets, like the Rahkshi, Toa Mata and Nuva and Bohrok and some Inika and Piraka and Tohunga.

I usually buy one or two extras for parts. Usually just the smaller ones, though.

Because I need more parts.

2 Likes

I have not actually bought multiples yet,but I do plan on getting some as parts packs.

I would but I can’t

4 Likes

I bought a second 2015 Lewa. My original build for my moc needed two of Lewa’s torso shells. Now it doesn’t. At least I can keep one together and use the other for moc pieces.

1 Like

I don’t buy multiples. Not even on garage sales. What I do buy on garage sales, though, are boxes with the parts from like 20 different sets, if they cost just like 10 bucks or someting. Actually that’s where 99% of my MOCing parts come from, because I, too, like to keep my sets assembled.

2 Likes

I would if I could but I can’t so I shan’t.

2 Likes

I’m planning on getting the second Terak, a second Stormtrooper, three Skull warriors, I think two Tahus and two Ikirs (parts, parts everywhere).

2 Likes

I want to get another Terak, Onua and Umarak to make Mask Maker Makuta.

1 Like

Oh, I also will get one more Deer bro (Umarak). :smile:

1 Like

I’ve gotten at least duplicates of all the toa(15 and 16), skull villains(some more than others), and just ones I felt like getting at the time.

I’d want more protectors because they are great for mocing

Moved to LEGO

It usually depends on the set and its current price. For example, I bought another Riverside Raid from UA because I found it for three bucks at Target and it has some useful pieces for moccing.

1 Like

I cant really speak for other people’s motivations, but mine if fairly simple.

I missed out buying a lot of sets for themes that i really enjoyed as a kid and the themes ended shortly after, while its ridiculous part of me has always blaimed myself with the idea of ‘if I’d brought the sets maybe it would have been enough to encourage them to keep the line a little longer’ As such with Bionicle G2 my promise was to get at least one of each of the sets.

In terms of duplicates, i tend to be motivated by pieces or figures. Though recently I’ve brought duplicates of a bunch of sets for potential resale value in the future - though I’m not expecting to get much from them. Either way i feel that buying multiples of the sets enables a person to contribute more to the line.

5 Likes