Does anyone care about Chima anymore?

Never cared much for Chima, but I got several of their sets dirt cheap on clearance after the line ended.

Flinx’s Ultimate Phoenix is a great model for constraction parts if you want to buff up fire mocs and most of the crocodile sets have rare olive green parts if you do military stuff. I didn’t watch the cartoon so I have no idea if the story’s any good but judging the general consensus I’m assuming it was pretty flat.

1 Like

Still up for writing that story? I was thinking we could re-write the whole Chima series, a whole new cast of characters and a new theme (still sticking to the whole Chi thing of course). I have actually had many thoughts myself on creating a subplot of sorts. We can do it for fun, or try to even revive the fandom? its a far stretch, but maybe we can make it work.

Edited for Double Post - Waj

2 Likes

Actually according to Tommy Andreasen it isn’t. That was just a joke thrown in there

are you sure about that, i would need confirmation that he said that its not canon.

i have heard before that it was a joke they made, but i don’t think he ever stated that it was not canon.

and i have infact read one twitter post on Tommy Andreasen’s twitter page, were in he say that under the Forever rock is a passage to one of the sixtheen realms, but he did not say to which one. However in another twitter post he made, he stated that Knighton (Nexo Knight) is not one of the sixtheen realms.

-------------------------------------[quote=“thundermaster612, post:47, topic:10581”]
but he has stated several times that it was a joke. It’s just like that quick cameo in Nexo Knights in their simulation room.
[/quote]

yeah, but again, that does not mean that its not canon. And really, why should one scene be non-canon in an episode?

1 Like

You just answered it yourself. It’s one scene, thrown in as a joke, not part of the canon.

this twitter post from Tommy Andreasen, says that Chima is one of the sixtheen realms of Ninjago:
https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/814394371252617216

here is another one, he is not saying that they are from Chima, but he puts it as a theory.
https://twitter.com/TommyAndreasen/status/812252472886652928

i did say that it was a theory, but as Tommy said, the FSM did not create the Serpentine. The reason i showed it to you, was because Tommy was again refering to Chima as being one of the realms. Plus the hole discussion there was about weather or not the serpentine were related to Chima, because of their status as humanoid, talking animals.

2 Likes

He said the Serpentine thing was a theory, and when he said that FSM could’ve taken one tribe he never said it was the serpents…

This, however, was not a theory.

He said this without doubt.

4 Likes

So I guess it’s changed then. But I swear I remember him saying that it was a joke in one tweet. It was some time ago so I might try to find it, but he probably made it canon because he can choose which and which isn’t canon…

Except for the Elemental Blades thing… :rage:

The Serpentine don’t seem very Chima-like then again I guess that COULD be because they’ve been away from their realm for so long, I honestly think though that Serpentine going by the lore of Ninjago are just an ancient race of sentient snake-like people that just HAPPEN to Coincidentally look like they could fit in with Chima, obviously the Serpentine and Devourer were never intended to be linked to Chima it’s a neat theory and all but there’s no way they could do that and keep it consistent with the currently established lore. Plus they have some pretty unusual powers that don’t seem to come from Chi like mutating inanimate objects into snake-based vehicles and things like that.

I do like a lot of the pieces Chima introduced like the: regal sholder add ons for both system and constraction sets, transparent pieces, the printings, lots of new constraction pieces like the chest add on…Chima I believe introduced a lot of pieces I currently enjoy with the G2 Bionicle sets.

So I guess you could say, I miss the thematic design aspects from the line which were translated into set forms.

1 Like

I agree. I feel that Chima was a great predecessor to Bionicle G2, It’s a shame the last wave never got released here in the US because some of them like Sir Fangar are honestly amongst some of my favorite Constraction sets and they did have some really great pieces that spilled over into Bionicle, hopefully they’ll spill over into whatever Constraction that blossoms in the future. Also the System sets (Especially the ones at the end) were pretty great as well.

1 Like

I liked the figures, and the colors were really nice in some of those sets. However, the majority of the sets felt half-baked, as was the TV Show (from what I saw from it.)

1 Like

The TV show was so cringy. I watched the first few episodes expecting something Ninjago level but I walked away disappointed at how cheesy the dialogue was and how forced it all seemed.

2 Likes

Honestly, looking back at the Chima dialogue, it really did sound like a terrible English Dub of an anime

When I was younger and first watched legends of Chima, I loved the show. It was amazing and I will never forget it. Although i am 16 currently and I reflect on the show every now and then, and I become sad because I rememeber all the good times I had watching it. If I had the opportunity to recreate the show with others and make a whole new storyline, I would say yes a million times. If anyone wants to try and revive the show, reply to this message .

1 Like

Cheesy looking theme with a bad gimmick and sad story, the only good thing it did was bring in new ultra build peices.

1 Like

Piles of olive green and red ifb beast feet. Lots of specialty head molds for precision moccing.

1 Like

I still care about Chima. I just wish there was more fanart, since we no longer get real content.

1 Like

Yo, I care about chima

1 Like