Downfall (Mission Updated)

Conscious soul reactivated. Construct designated as Downfall is back online. Welcome home.

The body lurches forward, choking its renewed breathe of life. When it can handle living, he calms and takes in his new setting.

“I’m al–”

He stops midway, inspecting his alien hands. That was the wrong question.

“Another end has come?” Downfall asks.

“It will soon,” the unseen maker replies.

IMG_1471a

An amalgamation of unfinished and failed stories, this unusual being hails from a fiction outside the Lego realms. His appearance only means one thing, that an end is coming. He isn’t here to stop it, only shield that which is worth saving from deletion. To sacrifice himself in their stead, as is tradition for the coming works.

IMG_1468a

Weighed down by heft of massive shielding limbs, Downfall is incapable of self-powered flight and requires other means. For this purpose, he has been given a levitating platform that can, if needed, become a massive spinning sawblade to slice through obstructions.

General Body:
IMG_1407a
IMG_1413a
IMG_1420a
IMG_1422a
IMG_1425a

Shielding himself:
IMG_1472a

Hover Sawblade Platform:
IMG_1461a
IMG_1477a
IMG_1478a

Designer’s Notes: Just a quick revamp of this guy from some years back.
Imgur

At this stage, I’ve almost revamped every single MOC I’ve made from 2010-2016 in the last two years (plus new ones yet to be posted). Figured I might as well complete the set and redo the few left remaining. The main thing I wanted to redo was his platform, which…Needs to be bigger, honestly, but will do for something quick.

Below is a brief look at what’s hiding underneath his CCBS shells. Along with too many pictures of the torso in general, to get a better look.

IMG_1490a

Excessive Extra

IMG_1484a
IMG_1485a
IMG_1483a
IMG_1488a
IMG_1489a

23 Likes

this is amazing

4 Likes

The wings and torso are my favourite part of this tbh, they look great.

3 Likes

The structure of the torso is really grabbing my attention, not complicated but the arrangement of parts makes for a great custom frame and I think it’s cleverly arranged

2 Likes

@Rhyla416 Thanks!

@Senit They’re shields, not wings!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Though that’s a surprise, but I’m personally biased to giant saws.

@Wekua Thanks. Though that is the great equalizer of CCBS shells I suppose. When used well, you can’t tell the difference between a custom build and a standard prefab torso. Much like Thornraxx and Jawblade, which are very different in skeleton but look so similar in build on the surface.

4 Likes