Drathi, Master of Storm

First moc I’ve posted on here in a while and a much overdue revamp- Here’s the main character of my G2 fanon, Toa Drathi

Many years before Ekimu donned the mask of time and foresaw the coming of the elemental Toa that would stop Makuta, a team of six Toa wielding foreign elements arrived on Okoto with no warning nor precedent. Their purpose unknown and abilities otherworldly, these would-be heroes struggled to survive in a environment that did not commune with their innate energies. The powers of Iron, Sonics, Plasma, Magnetism, Psionics, and Storm reacted only violently with Okoto and its inhabitants, and almost all of these Toa met their ends before uncovering their true destiny. Drathi is the last truly living member of that team… And she is being hunted. If she is eradicated, will Okoto fall prey to some yet-unknown fate?

[details=Short Character Traits]Name: Drathi
Title: Master of Storm
Element: Storm
Species: Toa
Abilities/Skills: Master swordsman, Very rarely calls upon her element to summon lightning bolts or wind gusts, innate physical strength,
Faults: haunted by trauma of past battles, deep seated self-hatred and remorse, paranoia of loss, fear of her own element
Equipment: The Gloomblade, combat boots, protosteel armor[/details]

[details=Long Bio]At one point Drathi was ideological and motived; seeking to improve the world by uprooting the evils, hence restoring natural balance(reflective of her element). But as time dragged on she came to understand the fault in her ways more and more. Disgusted by her own actions in wartime and battered by the perpetual struggle of living longer than any of her friends, Drathi was pushed to the edge of her conscience. This tension exploded in the last battle she fought- wherein she came face to face with an immortal d̸͘e̶̛̕͞͞m̨̢ò̵̕͜ǹ̨͝ who exploited her doubt, the very same who would continue to hunt her into present day. After that encounter she swore off war and Okotian society as a whole, fearing that her own capacity to hurt others outweighed what little good she could provide. She quit using her element in more than subtle ways and took to a nomadic life in the wilderness- hoping that Í͢͝T̴̶̛́ couldn’t pursue her. Those lonely years only drove in the pain of being incompatible with the world around her, of being responsible for so much suffering, and the constant fear of a monstrous presence following her footsteps. Her doubt worsened into a deep depression.

Yet in a twisted way, her self-repression has also kept Drathi alive. By finding an existence independent of her inherently destructive power, she’s managed to blend into harmony with the natural side of Okoto far better than her siblings ever could. So much so that she has been able to avoid the m҉͠ó̕͞n͝҉̧̧s̴t̢̧e̷̕̕͢r͏̶́͢ who presently seeks her destruction. However that doesn’t compensate for the massive toll on her mental state. Even more, this avoidance has prevented her from unlocking the extent of her Toa powers- which may prove difficult when the burden of her whole team’s destiny lies upon her shoulders alone.

Now Drathi is at a crossroads. Recent events on the island have led her out of the woods for the first time in hundreds of years… And while this may finally be a chance to make peace with herself, it might also lend her d̶̢ȩ̶̸̷m͏̸̵̢o̶͠n̸̷̸̨ an opportunity to exact its desperate vengeance.[/details]

Some group shots:

The Last Toa

F̧͡O̧̡̧̕U͜҉͜N̷D҉҉̨̡̡ ̴̧͜Y̶҉̷O̸̢͜Ư̵͘͢͟

Thanks for looking! As always, comments and criticism mean the world to me. Feel free to post whatever you think; I could use the feedback.

62 Likes

Looks really nice, and the horns are a definite improvement in particular. Also really digging those lower legs. :thumbsup:

3 Likes

Not sure I even want to think about this in terms of the original. Like I actually thought that was decent when I made it. Glad to see you recognized the improvement though.

1 Like

They look more like rabbit ears to me.
Which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. She actually reminds me a bit of Fran from FFXII.

1 Like

The original inspiration for those came from the horns of a samurai helmet(back when I was being not-so subtle about that motif), but I’m not married to them representing anything in particular beyond adornments added to the mask at this point.

That’s a cool way of looking at them, actually- Sorta correlates with her whole trying to fit in with nature thing. Perhaps she added them during her years in the woods?

1 Like

Great moc and cool story. For some reason just in the first picture the arms look too short, but it’s probably just me…

1 Like

No, that’s a valid criticism. I keep going back and forth on whether to make her upper arms longer or not.

See, the biggest problem with changing it for the next size up is that I then have to add a shell or they will look skeletal, yet if I do so they end up looking too thick. I wish there were better options for making custom limbs in trans blue…

In any case, I’ll keep working on that.

1 Like

You could add a friction adder, although I don’t know if that would work. Another idea is that you make a shoulder armor which acts as an extender for the upper arm.

Anyways, the moc is pretty good. The waist area seems a bit bland though.

1 Like

This would be an excellent idea were it possible to get friction adders in anything but grey. It seems like black ones existed somewhere, but you can’t even find them on Bricklink so I’d have to track that set down- whatever it is.

Not entirely against rethinking the shoulder padding, however.

1 Like

The lower torso looks really solid

1 Like

The waist really does need to be worked on, and the arms should be a bit more complex to match the legs. However other than that pretty sweet.

1 Like

Oh dear. [MIXED MESSAGES]

Initially I was going to give her gauntlets with a similar style to the boots, but it sorta messed up the color distribution. Perhaps if I do decide to add heavier shoulder padding that will carry some texture into her arms.

1 Like

I don’t quite follow.

I believe that it is perfect, except the thigh-skirt-armor is a bit wide.

1 Like