Dreamer97's "Mixel-nicle" Bionicle G3 Fan project

Lord knows I wish I had a few dozen of these

6 Likes

Here’s a new hips/pelvis part I’ve made recently in BL-part designer:

I’m still not 100% sure about using it on the “canister” (Toa) sets because it is a bit harder than expected to connect it to the upper body section, but it probably would get used as a body frame on the Villager/Matoran-sized sets.

What do you guys think about this one?

6 Likes

Here is a first look at the latest design of my Technic armor-shell part:
It’s a bit simpler than what I’ve had in mind for the og design, but I think, this way, it will be more versatile.
I hope you like it, though!

7 Likes

During the week, I made two variations of the first almost complete prototype model, using BL-Part Designer and Blender, respectively.
The limbs are still missing the additional covering/decoration parts, but I plan to place them on the legs and arms in the next two or three days.
The two builds are mostly identical, but the 2nd one uses a modified version of the 2015 G2 gearbox piece, while the first uses a modular custom-built one. (The second also utilizes the well-known knob gears.)
I originally wanted to make the chest armor from existing curved Technic panels, but unfortunately, I couldn’t find a way to manage that.
I’m still struggling to make a good-looking solution for covering the chest area, but until then, it will remain like that.

Hopefully, this prototype will serve as a good enough foundation/basis for better-looking set ideas in the future, but as of now, it’s just a demonstration of what I’d like a Gen3 to look like.

6 Likes

I actually love it…

Crazy how this predated the GWP set by years.

5 Likes

I favor your custom torso, the fine tooth gears carry the nostalgia of G1 for me

3 Likes

Today, I’ve finally finished up my Tahu prototype in Part-Designer.
It’s far from perfect, but as an early attempt at fusing System with Technic and showcasing how an ideal G3 would look like, I think it looks neat!
I hope you like it as well! :wink:

7 Likes