Dreamspace - Signups and OOC

And that’s six out of seven players posted! The story is about to begin…

3 Likes

Same lol

I’m going to assume my nightmare works and start posting

2 Likes

@ellswaffle_787

This kind of post is improper in the RP topic. Since you aren’t writing as part of the story, this is considered OOC - Out Of Character. That’s what this topic is for, so I recommend you modify your post to be a natural continuation of events.

As for your question, I’d say he’s probably lying on the floor with his head propped up against the wall. As for what direction specifically, you do have some agency in that area, so pick a direction you feel works best narratively.

4 Likes

Yikes sorry didn’t realize, I’ll adjust that now!

2 Likes

I’m having too much fun with this.

EDIT because double post bad:

JSYK, it’s not really that easy to discern what Basil looks like currently. Okay, maybe the two giant bat-ear-shaped points under the blanket give it away, but otherwise he’s currently concealed in a pile of grey cloth, except for his yellow eyes piercing through the one gap.

5 Likes

Alexis is able to sense the presence of this radio correct?

4 Likes

What radio?

4 Likes

Just to clarify, the light bulb illuminating everything is flickering violently correct?

2 Likes

Hmm, there appears to be a bit of a discrepancy as to how Sue’s eye operates, and whether or not this singular giant eye is accompanied by a pair of singular giant eyelids. However I might have a solution, but I’ll run it by Winger first.

Flickering, yes. It might be slightly wavering or about to go out, but since Winger didn’t use any descriptor for its current operating level I believe it’s intended to be left ambiguous.

3 Likes

Maybe not violently, but definitely flickering.

5 Likes

So there is no radio?

4 Likes

What makes you say that?

2 Likes

Ah, you’re messing with me.

No, but seriously I need to know if there’s actually a radio within 12 feet of Alexis.

5 Likes

There is not.

4 Likes

However, if you believe hard enough

3 Likes

Well now I have trust issues.

8 Likes

My bad, probably could’ve clarified a bit more when I established this detail. Since it wasn’t part of the main “nightmare”, I was treating it mostly aesthetically – it still “closes”, though maybe a bit less naturally (as Winger’s post suggested), and she still speaks and hears (through the power of “don’t question it”). Hadn’t thought about it being floating, but I’m fine with that – actually, I think that’s a neat aspect.

That’s what I had in mind, anyway, I can change it around if necessary (and edit my posts accordingly)

5 Likes

Can we discern what the background noise is?

1 Like

Retconned.

We can leave it as a ‘don’t question it’ scenario for now, but Winger had suggested to me something akin to a sub-eyelid similar to crocodiles and falcons; a thin, transparent membrane which can protect against water and/or tiny specks of dirt when falling at 30 mph to attack prey.

How would it operate? My theory is don’t question it.

Not yet. It’s hard to tell if this is something heard, or if you can feel it, too.

1 Like