Dumb Reviews

What dumb reviews have you seen on the internet?

Oh no, he has a tuft of fur. :open_mouth:

19 Likes

does the entirety of “Cinema Sins” count?

also, the top picture does look like a bit like a -----

1 Like

Not really. Those aren’t reviews. They just make fun of any aspect they can. But they do make it clear when they think a move really is bad.

@OraNui You should be able to come up with a crap ton of examples for this.

4 Likes

In the google play store listing of “Batman: the Killing Joke” there was a review saying

“it had bad word is not for the child”

I might find some more, so I’ll book mark this topic.

5 Likes

Spoilers for The Killing Joke

You know, for kids!

12 Likes

Here are some reviews on Amazon for the anime Genocyber, it is a short OVA series that is not very well known and for a very good reason; it sucks. Mainly because it has no real plot and is basically a compilation of graphic violence, some of it towards children. Regardless, the reviews on amazon are pretty funny.

The reviews defense of it is apalling.

5 Likes

Someone said on a BTAS review “yuuuk I hate violence”.
No capitalisation, or punctuation. And whatever that “yuuuk” was.
You hate violence and watch a Batman show.

6 Likes

Wait, you take CinemaSins as a serious review?

3 Likes

Are you insulting Twelve year olds? Ehh, I’m not one anymore, and they deserve it.

3 Likes

Oh, I have a lot of these.

13 Likes

I can feel the Stupidity radiating off that comment

4 Likes

“Tree legs”

1 Like

One of my favorite comics, Nova gets hilariously bias reviews on this site Cosmic Book News… because the main character Nova was replaced with a new character. The reviewer often calls the book “propaganda” and spread false claims about Marvel comics. Like saying that Marvel hates fan of the original character.

Example review…

1 Like

Rolling Stone has a ton of biased/dumb reviews from people who just don’t “get” the music they reviewed, but this is one of my faves:

It claims one of the songs is “misogynistic”–despite that song being a critique of the Miss America pageant for being objectifying. Um…yeah, somebody wasn’t paying attention. It goes on to dismiss the whole album as “simple, effective noise.” If you want to say that about it, you pretty much have to apply the same criticism to all rock music. Gaaahhhhh.

6 Likes

The writer clearly didn’t care about making a good review, they just wanted to get paid.

I think the idea of “objectification” is stupid. These women want to be in commercials or go to pageants, they’re not being forced. I see men shirtless in ads and I don’t care.

5 Likes

i do have to say that some of these reviews are very confusing.

1 Like

Ever heard of the movie Birdemic: Shock and Terror? It’s a film notorious for being one of the worst ever made Here is a great review for it:

16 Likes

What the…

3 Likes

Oh the wonders of bad movies like Birdemic. How would we live without you?

3 Likes