Dume's Toa Team (Senit Toa Team Collab)

Intro + Design notes

At long last, I completed my Toa team for @Senit’s collab. Due to not having Swampy Kryakwa’s marbled colorpack for a while, this admittedly small project got put on the backburners for way too long. I apologize for the wait, but I’m happy to say, it’s finally complete. Dume now has a group of six Toa (including himself) to call his own.

Design Notes:

• All are Metru builds, alligning with Greg’s various quotes on Dume
  • Builds resemble concept art and prototypes for the Toa Metru sets
  • Variation in build to create new body types (I pulled a Pohatu)
  • Gradients in masks and (some) bodies to match Turaga Dume’s Kiril
  • 4/6 wouldn’t require paint IRL. The other 2 would need painted feet
  • Secondary elements present - they’re always more fun than the basic six
  • Some based on characters I created prior and will share later…
  • Names derived from Maori words for their elements

Toa Dume

The Leader

Element: Fire
Mask: Kanohi Kiril, Mask of Regeneration [Galva]
Weapon: Great Hammer of the Forge

Toa Kari

The Brains

Element: Ice
Mask: Kanohi Huna, Mask of Concealment [Galva]
Weapon: Twin Ice Saws

Toa Paru

My Favorite

Element: Earth
Mask: Mask of Control [Galva]
Weapon: Great Quake Pickaxe

Toa Taum

The Powerhouse

Element: Gravity
Mask: Kanohi Iden, Mask of Spirit [Galva]
Weapon: Quad Weighted Flails

Toa Toori

The Musician

Element: Sonics
Mask: Mask of Fusion [KhingK]
Weapon: Twin Enhanced Zamor Sphere Launchers

Toa Yehra

The Eccentric

Element: Lightning
Mask: Mask of Healing Mask of Tremors, Scopeless (Minirigby) [Galva]
Weapon: Twin Energized Cutlass’

Group Shot:

Dume’s team was said to fight against mainly Rahi and Dark Hunters, and they were very effective against both. The combined powers of Fire, Ice, Earth, Gravity, Sonics and Lightning along with the mask powers of regeneration, healing, invisibility, fusion, control and spirit were extremely efficient. Under Toa Dume’s leadership, this group of Toa could effortlessly control, tame and move wild Rahi of any shape or size. Dark Hunters were more of a challenge, yet the Toa usually overcame them. This Toa team would travel island to island, saving Matoran from any threats available along the way. One of the team’s recued Ta-Matoran became a well-known figure…

It’s always exciting to see who passes the torch to the next generation of heroes. In this case, the torch was passed from Toa Dume to the future Toa Lhikan, leader of the Toa Mangai, champion of Metru Nui, and father of the Toa Metru…
Great acts of heroism can often inspire heroism in others. Be the one to inspire.

30 Likes

Nice! They all look pretty cool.
but like
the open gearboxes and lack of leg armor annoys me.

3 Likes

Yeah overall they are good, but I have gotta agree with Rukah, though the open gear box isn’t as bad as the missing thigh armor seeing as it kinda resembles the Prototype/Comic designs.

2 Likes

Ah yes, I forgot to address this.

In some early concept art for the Toa Metru, they have no thigh armor:

So that’s why. But I agree in a way, it’s a little jarring to see those armorless connectors.

9 Likes

I’m actually okay with the lack of leg armor and exposed gear box I don’t think it looks bad and somewhat suits given the age of these characters. Earlier generations of Toa should look less advanced in my opinion.

4 Likes

That’s a cool explanation at least

1 Like

Very cool that they’re based off of prototype! I really like their weapons choices/designs

1 Like

nice!
toa paru is my favorite one.
keep up the good work!

1 Like

what that’s my self moc’s name