Dutiful Inferno

I suddenly remembered I had a few of these anime robot things (despite the fact I didn’t put them deep in a box, they were just sitting on a shelf) and decided to try and make a few photos with them. This one is my favorite out of the like 15 I took.

No, I totally did not glue the right shoulder piece into place after breaking one of the connection points, not realizing that I would need to take it off for the fire effect. What gave you that idea?

I just thought it be kind of cool to have some shadows with the flame parts on the shoulders glowing (which was simply done by putting the lighting source behind the figure, turning off the ceiling lights in the room, and then altering the darkness and contrast in GIMP) I honestly thought it came out really well.

And yes, that is a bit of the lamp in the background. I sadly didn’t notice it until after I took the photo, and decided to leave it because my “Photoshop” skills aren’t good enough to make a sudden new patch of wall and glass desk look natural and not pasted.

10 Likes

I like the picture; it looks very cinematic.

2 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

I can just imagine a slow mo scene with this guy walking through some fire.

1 Like