Dying Franchises

well, it seems nintendo quietly cancelled football force after the fan outcry, though whether they take that to mean people want more proper metroid or not isn’t clear just yet.

2 Likes

Supposedly they’re gonna make another movie, though

Then again, that might make things worse. XD

True

But

Pillars of Eternity and Tides of Numenera seem to be keeping the spirit alive, at least as far as video games go.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m not holding my breath for something good, at least not until we’ve seen more from it.

Ooh, haven’t heard of those, but I like the names.

2 Likes

This one’s been out long enough to have an expansion already. XD

The release date for this one keeps getting pushed back, but hopefully it’s worth it. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

It’s still slated for a 2016 release, and Reggie is apparently waiting for the right time to reveal traditional games.

2 Likes

there were plans for f zero actually nintendo asked a suitable company to do it.

the right time was in 2012 but nope…

Is it just me or is mickey mouse slowly less and less in the spotlights

Wow that will not end badly at all and tarnish a Reputation cough Daikatana cough Duke Nukem Forever

No, he’s just more in the background sending subliminal messages.

I mean

In recent years, a common issue has been games getting pushed out before they’re ready (see: Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2, Destiny, Skyrim, lots of Ubisoft games/AAA games in general).

And several recent games that have been delayed have turned out really well (Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Arkham Knight (except the PC port, RIP), Wasteland 2, etc).

So I think the delay is probably a good thing.

1 Like

16 Likes

RIP, Blue Bomber, Blue Bomber X, And Zero. :frowning:

TBH the Transformers fandom is starting to die a little after TF:P ended, then we got the atrocious abominations of the Age of Extinction movie and Rise of the Dark Spark game. The 2015 Robots in Disguise is… alright, at best, but until season 2 comes we won’t know if it’s as worthy a successor. So, RIP Transformers until something great comes along.

Like me getting into Attack on Titan just now, but everyone else has already watched it all and is waiting for next season…

They have that new game coming soon that looks like F-Zero, and should have been F-Zero, but is not F-Zero…

You should. Literally just classic Sonic in 3D. It’s Sonic’s Mario 64, if you get me!

LOTR I feel is dying off now that the movies are done.

The Divergent series fell pretty fast.

Hunger Games now that the movies are over.

Yu-Gi-Oh is dying out in my area.

Didn’t Yu-Gi-Oh die 5 years ago? :unamused:

no it’s still alive. Just not as popular due to the advanced mechanics which don’t allow for newbies now-adays

I thought it died off after the anime made it into a motorbike-TCG.

I liked that series, granted the Duel Runners weren’t pratical. It’s mostly that the series got some extremely OP cards introduced that pretty much killed the uniqueness of deck building and the chance of any deck that isn’t in the Meta winning. Therefore, now there’s only about three of four decks that let you hold your own. That’s why I’m not as into it as I was before. Before, winning was determined by how well you can build a deck and your skill in playing cards to counter your opponent. But now winning is determined by what kind of deck you play, and all the good ones seldom differentiate in strategy and card choice. So, a lot of people like me who don’t want to switch to the Meta and use older types of decks just left as cards got more and more OP and unbeatable and stale.

Unless NLC manages to get the rights to any of Tolkien’s other works, presumably

Minecraft.

They are trying too hard, Minecraft storymode is horribad. They are just gonna run it to the ground, and no one is gonna notice, cause all the fanboys are gonna lick it up.

3 Likes

Portal.

Gaben is a good with games, but he has the number knowledge of a 2 year old.

Although, the board game and Lego Dimemsions stuff are great.

1 Like

Srsly?

Please tell me no…

Oh please tell me no…