Earth VS The Makuta

I know what your saying and I did read the post above prior, believe me when I say this…nobody wants the military to win in this than myself. However I was in the military for years and I have very little hope in our success lol. It’s a miracle we even win any battles half the time with how disorganized everything is. This is under the assumption the world would come to their sense quick enough to respond in a fashion that would resolve the issue of a magic alien gas demon being actually obliterated.
Hypothetically let’s just say they do manage to respond in time and Teridax hasn’t created a black hole or a massive storm we can’t fly in or teleported to the offices of every world leader and killed them on the spot and taken citizens hostage or causes the people leaderless to go into a global frenzy, or just taken an entire city hostage which would halt anyone in the military from nuking the site. So the nuke detonates miles above Teridax and he somehow does not have any defense up despite the massive barrage of stuff he faces before the nuke, sure he would probably maybe be killed, but this is under the assumption that Protosteel armor, which seemingly can only be melted by the hottest substances in Bionicle world (which does not have the same physics) and magic, is actually affected by nuclear fire. If it is, great! We win! If not then we are doomed to fail.

3 Likes

Well, given what happens to objects when they become irradiated, I can’t say for sure what would happen to Protosteel if it was hit by a nuke. I know that it’s basically bulletproof, but that seems to only apply to kinetic attacks, or attacks made with non-energy weapons, in-story. It has been shown in the story that plasma can melt Protosteel easily, and it has also been said that the Makuta were highly vulnerable to attacks by Toa of Magnetism. This makes me reasonably sure that the EMP blast caused by a nuclear weapon would be significant enough to injure Teridax, though it likely wouldn’t immediately kill him. Also, nowhere in the story has it been stated what the effects of the neutron radiation would be on Protosteel. It would likely have some sort of damaging effect, and definitely couldn’t be stopped by any Makuta powers I know of except for Limited Invulnerability, and that wouldn’t last too long if he was hit by a nuke. Similarly, it is not stated at what speed an object would have to be traveling in order to pierce Teridax’s armor. Theoretically, a chaingun or similar automatic weapon with a fast enough fire rate could pierce his armor simply by hitting him with thousands of bullets per minute. Even using all of his powers, he simply would not have enough mental strength to stop all the bullets. Or we could let him make a black hole and then let it grow out of control. The radiation such an object would create would easily be capable of destroying him, as it would consume too much material to stop increasing in size and mass at a crazy rate. It would get out of his control and either blast him with X-rays and neutrons or crush him with its gravity. It would also make him unable to respond quickly to attacks because it would begin slowing time around itself, so that unless Teridax had the Vahi, he would suffer the same effects.

Quite a few assumptions being made here

Teridax would need to know where those world leaders are located or he would be gunning blind.

A giant robot alien meanders into any city in the world and the nuclear option is already being considered, guaranteed

Or, like with the missile I listed as an example, it detonates right on top of him after reaching him at a ridiculous speed.

assuming the nuke detonated right on top of him, and assuming his armor was completely impervious to the effects of the bomb, the heat from the explosion would cook his antidermis within seconds, like how Kojol’s antidermis was destroyed by the heat of a furnace.

2 Likes

And that’s still not even considering what happens to him when 100 kilotons of neutrons hits him in the face…

Well to be fair we are all making assumptions in this, as we don’t know how anything reacts to anything, Greg’s Power scaling and what affects what compared to anything on earth has always been unknowable to fans, just whatever he deemed to be relevant. That being said, Teridax would not have to try very hard, there’s only a giant crowd of people constantly around a overly large grandiose building every day lol. Though he could just teleport multiple times to get to a large body of people or interrogate someone’s mind for answers and knowledge. Actually the US Army does not consider nuking as a consideration until every reasonable solution has been exhausted and even then, they most likely would not fire it anyway, they would try to flush him to another less populated location. I actually know people in that MOS personally. If it came down to losing a war for instance, the US still would not nuke an enemy, it basically paints a world target on the head of whatever nation fires one, especially in this day and age, even more so if millions of lives are at risk. It’s for instance why countries that are not gaining ground in a country they are invading dont fire one, they could, but they won’t. Even if they are clearly losing. But as a FINAL last resort they might, if they had no other choice then yes, but by then, who knows what damage Teridax would already have done. Regardless though, no scientific and rational mind such as yourself might not consider it a possibility of Teridax winning due to the knowledge you possess on physics etc and how awesome human weapons work, but alas we still do not have definitive knowledge of what and how durable Teridax would be on earth, we don’t know if the flame and plasma in Bionicle is less or more hot then on earth, we don’t know if the lasers are more powerful then here or fire etc. It’s just kind of all just guessing.

2 Likes

Ok. Thanks for explaining. I see now where your conclusion was gained. That certainly makes sense.

1 Like

I don’t think it’d even take a nuke. Our non-nuclear weapons are still ridiculously powerful.

okay since this thread is active again… well…

Just… Just lure him into a pressure cooker

4 Likes

Makuta’s armour is made of metal, so could you use magnets to tear open his armour?

2 Likes

you need very strong magnets to do so tho… and also take that the armor might not be ferromagnetic into the acctount

7 Likes

Toa of magnetism can use their power on metallic protodermis and protosteel, so it is possible that their armours are ferromagnetic

3 Likes

Then… off we go with beeg magnets, then shooing gas form Teri into an industrial pressure cooker

4 Likes

Magnets and pressure cookers, the best way to defeat an alien space robot

8 Likes

We just need to bring a giant door and drop it on him. Mask of light style.

6 Likes

The solution was right there in the canon all along

4 Likes

LOL exactly.

3 Likes

I think if this happened it wouldn’t be a question of force. Teridax rarely fought hand to hand on anything. First off, do we even know he’s here? Plenty of time to probe the minds of various earthlings, and even if he doesn’t speak our languages, he can see imagery in our minds or sense emotion. With a data pool of 8 billion minds, extrapolation should come quickly enough.

It’s also worth considering our weaknesses, as they tend to define us moreso than our strengths. He could easily take advantage of political aspirations, or religious sensibilities. He could take any number of forms and put on numerous unique displays of power, fooling the world into thinking a whole pantheon of alien gods has arrived. He could do this quietly in the background to establish a social foundation and then allow word of mouth to take it public, promoting our classic fear of difference, and firmly establishing an even more divided world than we already have. Various factions or cults could be directed against each other, steadily depleting valuable resources like time, technology, and food, all for the sake of winning an imaginary war. By the time we piece together the truth, we’d likely be so tangled up in our own shortcomings that we could never resist him or his strong following.

If Icarax or Gorast arrived, I’d certainly expect the tennis court approach, wherein they take a shot and wait for the enemy to fire back. With Teridax, however, I imagine the war will have been lost before we fire the first bullet. We can barely manage ourselves, how will we ever manage him?

9 Likes

The Brotherhood of Makuta killed many Toa of Magnetism specifically because of the threat they posed to the Makuta’s armour; magnetism would absolutely be effective against the Makuta at high enough levels.

11 Likes

Honestly, Makuta definitly would see as nothing but crawling vermin. At least Matoran were important to GSR’s systems.

But us. We are a scourge on this planet, Pathetic locust cannibalising each other for things that mean nothing in the Greater Scale.

Vermin.We are nothing but purely organic pests to them.

6 Likes

We kind of are organic pests to ourselves too at this point

5 Likes