Earth VS The Makuta

Nuclear missiles will heavily backfire if we used them against the Makuta. They have magnetism powers and will turn our own weapons against us. They are also shapeshifters, so replacing heads of state is not out of the option. Personally I think earth is screwed.

4 Likes

well first we’d have to find a way to put a hole in his armor to get to the antidermis…

3 Likes

True, and Makuta have multiple layers of Protosteel, I still wonder if anything on earth could puncture Protosteel, it’s considered the most indestructible metal in the story, I think only Protosteel can scratch or puncture Protosteel.

3 Likes

Yeah and there’s the problem…

3 Likes

terminal phase (starting at an altitude of 100 km, 62 mi): 2 minutes – impact is at a speed of up to 7 km/s (4.3 mi/s) (for early ICBMs less than 1 km/s (0.62 mi/s))

That’s significantly faster than anything a Makuta has had to intercept… ever. I don’t care how powerful Terry’s magnetism is, whether or not he’s got advance notice. That’s not something he could remotely stop in time.

And like others have said, the blast doesn’t need to be right on top of him to do some serious damage.

3 Likes

What about teleportation?

2 Likes

Useful, also whose to say if it did detonate over his head he would not use fire resistance or limited invulnerability, just because he does get hit doesn’t mean he would allow himself to be hurt. Also to consider is the reaction time for MU beings would probably be significantly faster than humans so he probably could react in time. Also he could use “Slow” to slow down the speed of the missile or “Dogde” to completely avoid any attack, or create a Vacuum.

2 Likes

A big part of this conflict is that Teridax in his prime gets dropped onto present-day earth with neither party getting any prior notice., and from what I can tell, teleportation kinda requires knowing where you’re going. Assuming Terry knew nothing about Earth, it likely wouldn’t be viable outside of getting out of range of a smaller explosion, but nuclear weaponry detonates so quickly at full yield that teleportation away from ground zero likely wouldn’t put him much farther away, since he could only go as far as he could see, in theory.

However, if he were aware of earth’s terrain and continents, that would be very different. Then he could pretty much disappear every time he knew he was located, although actually taking down every military group on the planet would be an enormously monumental task even for him, as earth is a very big place and people have a tendency to live everywhere it can be tolerated. Theoretically, someone would get him sooner or later.

I doubt that, if the Karda Nui Makuta couldn’t stop Pohatu from speeding past to shatter the Kraata cases, that Teridax wouldn’t be able to intercept a missile moving significantly faster than him.

Limited invulnerability stage 6 Kraata can become completely immune to any and all physical harm, so yes, he could survive a nuke with this. However, he wouldn’t really be capable of anything else, because if I recall correctly, multiple kraata powers cannot be used at once.

5 Likes

Ah yes, all very good points. Hmm, maybe we could make some sort of trap for him or something?

4 Likes

I wonder how much range and ground cover Makuta Powers have, because he could essentially create a Vacuum or a black hole and pretty much end everything. Or use really high gravity and crush everything into the earth. Also it says “Slow” not even at level 6 can freeze all objects in the immediate area so I would assume stage 6 is in visual sight, that might be helpful.

2 Likes

I just feel like as soon as Teridax saw the bomb from the sky, he could teleport as far away as he could see, and keep doing that. If he can see as far of a distance as even the average person I feel like he could escape the missile’s impact doing that.

3 Likes

I understand that there’s a certain novel perception of nuclear weapons and radiation and all that, from media, a perception that has the potential to dampen the actual horror and horrifying actuality of a weapon like that.

But like

Yall.

Nothing survives being hit by a nuke.

4 Likes

Except Teridax With Limited Invulnerability lol.

2 Likes

assuming he has the reaction speed to activate a power, you mean.

3 Likes

That is correct. Though considering his fight with Icarax, it would appear they can keep their power active for a while since it took days to defeat Icarax. If Teridax was aware after several attempts from missile fire that they would keep trying he might even have invulnerability active already when they nuke him. I mean this is the guy that plans for his setbacks after all. He probably might guess like anyone would that they would keep increasing the power of attack until he’s defeated so he might already predict to have it activated following a strike. He’s going to pretty much learn how our weapons work fairly quickly after seeing multiple tries from missile fire, so he would know to look to the sky.

2 Likes

except my teeth

It took days for Icarax to wear down. But yes, he did have Rahi Control on that entire time while simultaneously attacking Teridax. The problem here is, with no advance notice, that first nuke has a really really good chance of hitting Teridax before he knows it’s coming. If he somehow survives it, or anticipates it despite no advance warning, future attempts would be difficult.

However, where Teridax arrives is a big factor here. If he were to land in, say, the middle of the sahara desert, the world has a few days to prepare and possibly test their options, while Teridax has a few days to figure out where he even is. That first nuke has really good odds, and beyond that point there’s a lot of specifics that come into play - which world leaders are in charge, how they would respond, if diplomatic relations would even be attempted, et cetera.

5 Likes

Well said, it certainly would be situational and also very dependant on how competent the government responding is. If their first attack was to fire a nuke from the start then Teridax would be pretty out of luck at that point.

2 Likes

I think Makuta has a chance of winning if he fully takes advantage of the powers he’s described as having.

• He’d be practically impervious to any traditional footsoldiers, and firearms

• He could avoid nukes by using his powers of molecular disruption, disintegration, gravity, density control (which can make something completely intangible), teleportation, slow, or stasis field

• He would devastate the world by using elemental powers like plasma. He can also create powerful thunderstorms, cyclones, and blizzards at will

• He would use mind reading to gain important information, and his powers over fear to control/influence world leaders.

6 Likes

Unless you’re Indiana Jones, and you hide Ina refrigerator.

2 Likes

I’m not certain Makuta can mimic organics when they shape ■■■■■.

I don’t know why s h i f t is a swear word. Well, I do, but I’m not happy about it.

4 Likes